NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

Re: NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

Postby Rebel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:35 pm

TheCrow:
Just download the roster and when you start your season, point the game to the roster you want to use. Does that make sense to you?
Rebel

Postby thecrow » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Rebel/IW,

Many thanks for your help.

So, I downloaded the GoogleDocs file, but that remains an IE link. Do I need to convert that into another file/format first - and, if so, what's the easiest way to do that?

Sorry to be a complete pain - I'm a luddite when it comes to tech, but I like the look of this Mod/update!
thecrow

Postby Rebel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:51 pm

Crow - check your inbox - I pm'ed you.
Rebel

Postby clamel » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:33 am

Rebel wrote:Clamel:
I'm working on free agents for my mod and will be assigning generic ratings to them. I have players at each position and their ratings and what those ratings equate to in the game. So, when I rate these unrated players, I'm going to take that known commodity and simply assign it the the unknown commodity. It will give me an imperfect OVR rating, but I figure close enough without trying to rate over 3000 players. Might be a solution or workaround for what you're trying to do. As long as you know what you want the players to be rated for an OVR, you can make it happen.

The file you have for single year is filled with all those detailed ratings besides the OVR. Not sure how it transfer over when you start a game. My problem is that the historical file only got the OVR rating and I sat 65 on every FA I had. Reason for this was that hopefully they all was at lower end and even lower then that compared to majority of players in the teams at the start.
The result was not pretty. They all of course got diffrenet ratings when looking in the FA pool, BUT it was an even spread from +90 down. That was the crazy effect I asked Brooks about why the game insist to have high rated free agents. The fictional players created was in the low rating so it was only the added FA that stood out.
I came to the conclusion that if you fill up and over every team to around 70s players the AI will not get into the FA market at first. They then during pre-season starts to dump "real" players into the pool. So it's more you as the gamer that have to stay away from signing some over-rated AI created player in that first FA rounds.
I was earlier thinking that the OVR should stand or just slightly differ from what was in the json/csv file, but NO.

I'm not sure you will make better on rating those FAs different at all, at least not by changing the OVR on them. But do let me know if you see no superstars +90 that you actually rated in the 60s.
clamel

Postby Invisible Witness » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:32 am

clamel wrote:I see you got bothered with the game own setting of whatever you put as OVR for a player.
Trying to fix up the Historical-file I run into those problems big time. Brooks said he put all the BIG stars up and above 100 so they at least don't get cut down to 65-70 when the game get going.
The biggest problem is the other way around. I added a lot of FA to give the AI teams in the starting year of 2002 a shot of getting "real" players and not signing some fictional names. That resulted in some players set to just OVR 65 bumped up to over 90. It looked very much as the game liked to see a "flow" of players ranked from 90 down in the FA pool. Moving same players in to teams that released them during training camp got those under control.

Now in the History-file you don't have any control of ratings beside the OVR so anything goes here and some weird ratings in years down the line comes up. It looks to me an almost doomed labour to get a Historical file in almost real order.

Haven't DL your file yet, since only in PF20, but like to know how you see the FA you added. Do they have much higher ratings in-game than you put them in the file ? That's the lower ranked FA I'm looking at, not the high stars still in FA in your file.

I haven't seen any Historical file yet maybe you could send me a template as I'm not sure where to get one from ? Does it come with the game? I could definitely have a look and see if there is a solution .
Invisible Witness

Postby Rebel » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:23 pm

Brooks told me that the individual ratings (strength, intelligence, endurence, etc) determine the OVR. The game doesn't look at the OVR if you upload a file. It goes off those original ratings. So if you have everyone at 65 but their individual ratings are all over the place, you're going to end up with different OVRs because the system rates the players on those individual ratings. If you leave those ratings blank, the system will randomize ratings for the players. So if you truly want a CB to have a 65 OVR, you need to find another CB rated at 65 OVR and use his ratings for that CB you're trying to rate. That's why I'm using "generic ratings" for some players I have no ratings on. It's not the best way to do it, but it gets you the result you're looking for. I wouldn't suggest using a 65 DTs ratings to use on a CB. The ratings will be skewed because of the obvious positional differences (strenth, speed, etc). Hope that helps.
Rebel

Postby total-footballs » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:14 pm

This looks great, going to try it out tonight
total-footballs

Postby markprior22 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:14 pm

What salary cap do you use with these rosters?

Thanks for doing this!
markprior22

Postby Invisible Witness » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:16 pm

markprior22 wrote:What salary cap do you use with these rosters?

Thanks for doing this!

From what I've read on this forum PF21 is not designed to mirror NFL salaries and how they work. Avoid setting up high max for contracts which may seem reasonable for QB's but then everybody else playing different position would be asking for high contracts. Maybe sim one season and see what's free agency like and salary cap situation after completed season. Also one of the users on this forum posted this settings for default rosters :

"Postby peterk1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:02 am

I set my values to this and am getting a good game

Salary Cap: 100M (about 2M ave per player)
OVR 95+ : 3M
OVR 90+ : 2M
OVR 80+ : 1M
OVR 70+ : 750k
OVR 60+ : 500k
Draftee: 250k
OVR 95+ : 3M
Max Contracts: 10M

Keep Force Strict Cap off. That lets the AI stay over a little bit but prevents a mass dumping of great players during pre-season. You should impose a strict cap on yourself though for a good challenge."

Hope that helps
Invisible Witness

Postby Slipky » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:17 am

Invisible Witness wrote:Yeah, i decreased some of the ratings for free agents as well but also i noticed that their ratings drop down after training camp.

Hey, is there any update to this mod any time soon? Looking forward for it :)
Slipky

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods