Mod Attribute Questions - Endzone and Field Type

Mod Attribute Questions - Endzone and Field Type

Postby drophammer » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:22 pm

I am working on a mod league, and it is going well. Two things that I can't figure out:
I don't see any attribute to set the field type. What is that attribute called?
I used Endzone to set the picture used for the end zone, but it does not seem to work.

My league is just 10 teams, so I can adjust them in the game, but I would like to be able to package up the info for others to play, as well.
drophammer

Re: Mod Attribute Questions - Endzone and Field Type

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:00 am

Description of all known attributes in the Pro game.

Team ID = ID of the team and needs to be unique number
City = Name of the city for the team
Weather = Name of weather entry in the Weather.xml file to determine typical weather
Stadium = Name of the field/stadium
Dome = True/False (is it a dome)
Mascot = Name of the mascot/team nickname
Abbreviation = Short name of the team used in the game
Logo = The main logo used for the team
LogoMidfield = Logo to show at midfield (not used if custom field assigned)
LogoSmall = Logo used in small places
LogoLarge = Logo used in some places where requires it larger
Jersey = The jersey to use on players but only used if not using real player pictures
Endzone= Graphic to display in the right and left endzones (not used if custom field assigned)
CustomField= Name of a complete custom field you want to assign such as you creating a real one. Within the custom field graphic, you would usually include endzones, logos, and other field graphics.
LastYearStandings = What position where they in the standings the previous year, should be sequential and unique
Color = Team color code 1
Color2 = Team color code 2

Within the college game, you can also use the FieldType attribute to say whether Grass or Turf, unless you are using a custom field which then it doesn't make a difference. However, that attribute doesn't appear to be usable from the Teams.xml file in the Pro game.

All the graphic files for the team entries in the Teams.xml file need to be within the logos folder and the names used in the attributes must match the names of the actual graphic files. Below is sample folder structure.

\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\ (Custom XML files should go here such as Teams.xml, Weather.xml, etc.)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\logos\ (graphics for logos, fields, jerseys, etc.)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\logos\conferences (graphics for conference logos, league logo, etc.)

You said there was an issue with the endzone showing correctly.

- Attribute should say something like Endzone="Pittsburgh_EZ.png"-
- Your custom Teams.xml file with that attribute should be in the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\ folder.
- Your endzone graphic such as Pittsburgh_EZ.png should be in the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2022\logos\ folder

That should be all that's needed and just remember all that should be in place before creating the league you actually want to use with the customizations.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby drophammer » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:50 am

Thanks for that info. That is super useful.
I believe my endzone graphics are correctly set up and called in the Teams file. They just didn't show up.
I was able to select them via the interface after the league was running.
drophammer

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:05 am

drophammer wrote:Thanks for that info. That is super useful.
I believe my endzone graphics are correctly set up and called in the Teams file. They just didn't show up.
I was able to select them via the interface after the league was running.

If the endzones aren't showing up, then something must be setup incorrectly and/or the file is not located in the correct location. You can send me the files (i.e. teams.xml, graphics, etc.) and I can try to look at it. They are working with my own mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods