Expansion team mod - Create a 33rd team

Expansion team mod - Create a 33rd team

Postby jannik » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my expansion team mod which allows you to play with a 33rd team in the NFL.

VIDEO
For a detailed explanation and more background, check out my video which explains how to use this mod. It includes a detailed explanation of my schedule logic as well. Creating a system similar to the current one but with 33 teams is more complicated than you think… Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/PipXk_wNjbE

EXPANSION TEAM SERIES
I built this mod for my new expansion team series which is going to feature a newly created team in Europe. The series will start with an expansion draft similar to the one back in 2002 and the most recent ones in the NHL.

HOW TO USE THE MOD

1) You have two options to create the 33rd team.
Option A: Download “Teams” file and save it to the respective game folder (for example: C:\Users\”username”\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2023)
The team file is based on the “2023 Pro Football Real World Mod” by slybelle1: https://www.draftdaysports.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=35454
Option B: Copy the following line into your existing “Teams” file in the <LeagueFormat Format="Custom32Team16Game"> into the AFC South (other divisions are possible as well but then the schedule makes no sense, see video).
Code: Select all
<Team ID="33" City="TEAM" Weather="Paradise" Stadium="Expansion Stadium" Dome="True" Mascot="EXPANSION" Abbreviation="Exp" Logo="nfl.png" LogoMidfield="nfl.png" LogoSmall="nfl.png" LogoLarge="nfl.png" LastYearStandings="5" Color="#013369" Color2="#D50A0A" />

You can directly rename the city, stadium, mascot, abbreviation, the logo file or choose new colors in the code.

2) Copy the NFL logo from …\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2023\logos\conferences to the logos folder or create your own logo and name it “nfl.png”. Alternatively, you can change the logo also later in the team settings when you already stared a career.

3) Start a new game in DDSPF. Select "Custom - 32 Teams, 16 Games" as league format and choose as many preseason games as you like.

4) Add a custom schedule! Simply choose schedule “1” for year 1. Don’t forget to import a new schedule each year between the “end season” and “start season” stage to not play the same teams each year. I created 12 schedules that account for all possible combinations between the AFC and NFC divisions.

5) Start a new game! Your expansion team is now created but does not have any players yet. If you start with a fantasy draft, it’s obvious how you get your players. Otherwise I would recommend starting in sandbox mode. Here, the CPU will sign very bad free agents. If you take over the team yourself, you can simply sign free agents and force trades to get the players you want to have. Alternatively, you can also start with a very bad team and work your way up or directly assign players to the team through uploading a created roster that includes players that are assigned to the team ID 33. It’s up to you how your expansion team starts and whether you are able to bring success to the new city!

Have fun and feel free to check out my expansion team series as soon as it will be released!
jannik

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods