Historical Roster Mod

Re: Historical Roster Mod

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:32 am

tyronethecalzone wrote:The biggest flaw of this game dev is that they stopped including and updating the historical roster file themselves.
Brooks did it all by himself for PFS back in the day...That's why I sometimes can't stand the focus on graphics over simulation it makes me miss the PFS days

We turned it over to the community to do since you all have the strongest opinions of ratings, inclusions, etc. I even provided a historical converter to make it easier for you to update the historical rosters and add recent seasons. But not much I can do if in 3 years we haven't had anyone post any changes. That tells me the mod as it existed in 2018 is good enough for most people playing the game. If people want it improved feel free to volunteer some time to make some edits.
brooks_piggott

Postby jrw2489 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Does this work on DDSPF22?
jrw2489

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:37 pm

yes
brooks_piggott

Postby servo75 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:54 am

I went to the link it wants me to request an invite.
servo75

Postby Wudu44 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:35 am

Hey Brooks, I've been trying to adapt my multileague info dump into a valid historical roster file, but I've been hitting a generic error message. I think it might relate to the fact I've got 133 individual teams, is there an upper bound to the number of franchises? Here is the pre-CSV file I've been working with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true
Wudu44

Postby stratonapba » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:03 am

Wudu44 wrote:Hey Brooks, I've been trying to adapt my multileague info dump into a valid historical roster file, but I've been hitting a generic error message. I think it might relate to the fact I've got 133 individual teams, is there an upper bound to the number of franchises? Here is the pre-CSV file I've been working with.

Well I Think You Made a Database to Include Historical Players from the NFL, CFL, WFL, USFL, etc., etc., etc.
stratonapba

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:00 am

Wudu44 wrote:Hey Brooks, I've been trying to adapt my multileague info dump into a valid historical roster file, but I've been hitting a generic error message. I think it might relate to the fact I've got 133 individual teams, is there an upper bound to the number of franchises? Here is the pre-CSV file I've been working with.

I'm not sure if you are working with the converter, or using this existing file in game, trying to update the existing file or build your own? Probably easiest to get on Slack and ping me so we can discuss what you're trying to do.
brooks_piggott

Postby Wudu44 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:25 am

After some tinkering I seem to have been able to make it work. Anti-Virus was overstepping it's mandate. The only thing I can't quite get to work is franchises with a number assigned over 72. For instance, if I start a 72 team league in 2001, I would like it to have the NFL, CFL, NFL Europe and the XFL rosters represented. Loading it creates a league mixed with teams that have a full rosters and teams that are empty, as expected, but since the XFL teams and NFLE teams are all assigned franchise numbers higher than the players on those rosters are not loaded.

I think what I will have to do is collapse my arrangement of the franchise numbers. Instead of 1-133 each representing a unique franchise at any point in history, I'll have to have each season have 1-X number of franchises, where X is the maximum amount of franchises in existence then no greater than 72. So 109 will no longer only represent the Amsterdam Admirals throughout their history. They'll have to share custody with, say, #44, where that represents Amsterdam in 2001, but #44 might represent the Houston Roughnecks in 2020.

Stay tuned. Riveting stuff for all involved, I'm sure.
Wudu44

Postby tshipl68 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Can someone send me the histoircal file i cant download google site
Thanks Thomas
email is tws_68@yahoo.com
tshipl68

Postby Blinky » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:31 am

So I downloaded and installed this (I have the 2022 version of the game) in the appropriate folder. Everything worked well except several players had ages in the 50s but I overlooked that. Playing in Career mode. Beginning in 1995, I played through one full season and then as I got through the draft in the 2nd season, I got an error message after my last pick saying "Could not refresh draft screen" or something like that. I had to control-alt-delete and end the game that way. After trying several things (unchecking the box to use historical files for draft, allowing the cpu to complete the draft, et. al) I still get to the end of the draft and have this error. Anyone know how to fix it?

Please & thank you.
Blinky

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods