2024 Pro Football Real World Mod

2024 Pro Football Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:52 pm

Hello,

This is the latest version of the Realworld mod for the 2024 version of the Pro Football game as first access is set to release later tonight.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

League Format Supported:

- This will work with "Modern-32 Team, 17 Games", "Modern-32 Team, 16 Games", and "Custom 32 Teams - 16 Games" league configurations.

What's Included:

- Team Logos (slybelle)
- Small Logos (slybelle)
- Large Logos (slybelle)
- Midfield Logo (slybelle)
- Stadium Names (slybelle)
- Weather Models (slybelle)
- Dome Designation (slybelle)
- Conference/League Logos (slybelle)
- Endzone Art (slybelle)
- Full Custom Fields (slybelle) - The endzone art is provided with permission from Austin (Gridiron Fields Database)
- Jersey Art (gbmoore)
- For Player Animations - Uniform Colors (slybelle)
- Real Team Names (slybelle)
- 2023 NFL Real Schedule (slybelle)
- 2023 NFL Coaches - Just Names (slybelle)

*** Various graphics updated for known changes in 2023

In order to install, follow these instructions.

1) Download the zip file.

2) Unzip to a temp folder

3) Run the EXE file and extract (defaults to your documents folder. If your document folder resides on something other than C:\, make sure to change the drive letter during file extraction)

Some of the most common places for the documents folder includes:

C:\Users\<<user name>>\Documents\Wolverine Studios\
D:\Users\<<user name>>\Documents\Wolverine Studios\
C:\Users\<<user name>>\OneDrive\Documents\Wolverine Studios\ (if your using OneDrive to store your documents)
etc.

4) Create a new league (only will take effect on new leagues) - This will work with "Modern-32 Team, 17 Games", "Modern-32 Team, 16 Games", and "Custom 32 Teams - 16 Games" league configurations.

Using the 2023 NFL Schedule

1) Change number of pre season games to 3.

2) On the League creation screen, go to the select schedule button.

3) Navigate to the documents folder for the game \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2024

4) Select the file "2023_NFL_Schedule.csv"

5) After your new league is created, your schedule should be set.

Using the 2023 Coaches file

1) On the League creation screen, go to the select coaches file button.

2) Navigate to the documents folder for the game \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2024

3) Select the file "2023_NFL_Coaches.csv"

4) After your new league is created, you should see the coaches names.

Install File

https://mega.nz/file/DcQmCbAC#O1hUWKlL8 ... wujpLXOxY0

If you have any issues, let me know.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: 2024 Pro Football Real World Mod

Postby bechtudo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:43 am

Dear slybelle
as usual I have a question because I cannot get the mod for DDSPF24 installed. Does it make a problem because the content of my document folder looks like the attached.
https://imgur.com/ZyZObjW
bechtudo

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:31 am

Looks like you use one drive so when you install mod you will need to have path to your one drive for it to work. See the first post which has an example
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bechtudo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am

I did use exactly the path you see in the screenshot
bechtudo

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:21 pm

bechtudo wrote:I did use exactly the path you see in the screenshot

Did you actually look in the DDSPF 2024 folder and do you see the mod files (i.e. teams, weather, coaches, schedule, and logos folder)? If so the mod is installing correctly and only reason it wouldn't be working is because not selecting a valid format which is listed on the first post. If those files aren't there, then somehow your not copying the folder path correctly and the mod files are being installed somewhere else Beyond that, can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be working. Seems like you had similar issue with college mod but you eventually got it to work, so maybe something similar going on for you.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brianc92121 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:55 am

Purchased the early access PF24 game today and am attempting to install the RW Mod. Did this last year with the PF23 game and didnt have any issues. Today, I followed your instructions and it appeared to load correctly EXCEPT the team names were not updated to RW names and Logos. I see the Logos folder with the NFL data but the game didnt go install any of those files. The Coached folder appears to be loaded, the teams have a standard 17 game schedule.

Any suggestions? I keep my Wolverine Studios game folders and league data on an external hard drive and have not had any problems with that.

Brian Crouch
brianc92121

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:10 am

brianc92121 wrote:Purchased the early access PF24 game today and am attempting to install the RW Mod. Did this last year with the PF23 game and didnt have any issues. Today, I followed your instructions and it appeared to load correctly EXCEPT the team names were not updated to RW names and Logos. I see the Logos folder with the NFL data but the game didnt go install any of those files. The Coached folder appears to be loaded, the teams have a standard 17 game schedule.

Any suggestions? I keep my Wolverine Studios game folders and league data on an external hard drive and have not had any problems with that.

Brian Crouch

The install process is the same as prior years, so if worked in prior years and your computer setup and documents folder is the same, no reason it shouldn't work. Not sure how you can have Wolverine Studios folders located on an external hard drive and for it to work with the game, unless through your operating system you redirected the documents folder (changed the actual setting) to store the documents folder on the external drive. There are only a couple of reasons why it wouldn't work.

- 99.9% of the time its because you didn't install the mod in the correct location, even though you think you did. People using OneDrive and not realizing it is a common reason as well. It needs to be the location where the game is looking. For example, if you put on your external hard drive and your computer is not configured to look for the documents folder there, it won't work. By default it installs in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Wolverine Studios\. Let's say you have on another drive like d:\, when you install the mod you need to change the install path to d:\Users\UserName\Documents\Wolverine Studios\. Take a look in the DDSPF 2024 folder, do you see teams.xml, weather.xml, schedule and coaches CSV files? If not, your not selecting the right path for mod install. If it is there, I suspect the game is not looking at that location for the documents folder as I mentioned above.

- During league setup, you need to choose one of the supported league formats,

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't seen another reason than these two, except when installing on a Mac computer as that takes some additional work.

To confirm the location of Documents folder where your computer (and game) looks, do this.

1) Open Windows explorer
2) Right click on your documents folder
3) Choose properties
4) Choose Location tab...this will show you where the document folder is that is being used by computer and game

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brianc92121 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:56 am

Yes, my documents folder is designated on that external "J" hard drive. Never have had a problem with this configuration. All of the files and folders you mentioned are there. So you dont believe the game is going to this folder?
Last edited by brianc92121 on Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
brianc92121

Postby brianc92121 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:11 am

I went back and looked at my RW set-ups for the games in 2022 and 2023. I was wrong. I never successfully got the RW Mod to work in the Pro versions. The RW Mod worked without a hitch in the College versions of the game.
brianc92121

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:13 am

brianc92121 wrote:Yes, my documents folder is designated on that external hard drive. Never have had a problem with this configuration. In your instructions you write about opening an EXE file, but there wasn't one. Should there be? All of the other files and folders are there. So you dont believe the game is going to this folder?

If you designated that as your documents folder, than you should be ok because the game uses what is configured as the location. Absolutely should be an EXE, otherwise what/how are you installing the mod? The EXE performs the actual install of the mod. The link takes you to a zip file, that compresses the EXE. When you unzip the file, there will be a DDSPF-RW-MOD.EXE file that you then run to install the mod. Since your folder is on a different drive, during the install you need to change the install location. Also, I didn't see an answer for my other questions as to whether all the mod files are showing in the DDSPF 2024 folder (teams, weather, logos, etc.). Those are important clues.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods