2024 Pro Football Real World Mod

Re: 2024 Pro Football Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:15 am

brianc92121 wrote:I went back and looked at my RW set-ups for the games in 2022 and 2023. I was wrong. I never successfully got the RW Mod to work in the Pro versions. The RW Mod worked without a hitch in the College versions of the game.

Can't explain why as CF and PF mod use the exact same install process. I highly suspect your not putting the correct path into the mod install screen that matches where your external documents folder is. In your other message, you mentioned not seeing an EXE, without the EXE and running it, no mod would install in the first place so I am confused by that statement.

If you still can't figure it out, would be helpful if you could provide a screen shot of the location tab from poperties for document location and a screen shot of your folder on the external drive that shows the wolverine folder and its sub folders and the content of the DDSPF 2024 folder.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brianc92121 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:48 am

Yes, the EXE file is there and I executed it to extract all the compressed files. I have done this multiple times now without any variation in the result. I get a game that has correct players on the right teams, correct coaches, a 17 game schedule for all 32 teams. The issue is the team name and logos are all what is delivered in the vanilla game from Wolverine. E.G. Cheeseheads and not Packers. Now I could go manually update the logos for all 32 teams but that seems like wasted effort on my part. I know its supposed to update and load the correct team names etc. I'm about to just say "Forget it". Are you sure your link has everything needed? If no one else has complained then this looks like user error? Oh, yes the link leaves a Team and Weather file, two excel files; Coaches and Schedules, and a Logos file folder with team logos and graphics inside the folder.
brianc92121

Postby brianc92121 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:51 am

Its late where I am now. Thursday night about 11PM. Im in Indonesia. I'll get you screen shots in my morning. Thanks for being so patient with me!
brianc92121

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:55 am

brianc92121 wrote:Yes, the EXE file is there and I executed it to extract all the compressed files. I have done this multiple times now without any variation in the result. I get a game that has correct players on the right teams, correct coaches, a 17 game schedule for all 32 teams. The issue is the team name and logos are all what is delivered in the vanilla game from Wolverine. E.G. Cheeseheads and not Packers. Now I could go manually update the logos for all 32 teams but that seems like wasted effort on my part. I know its supposed to update and load the correct team names etc. I'm about to just say "Forget it". Are you sure your link has everything needed? If no one else has complained then this looks like user error? Oh, yes the link leaves a Team and Weather file, two excel files; Coaches and Schedules, and a Logos file folder with team logos and graphics inside the folder.

I am 100% sure the mod file is correct as I use it myself and as you stated, not receiving any other issues from others. Plus, you said you saw the mod files in the folder which is further confirmation.

Just confirm, are you running on a Windows computer or a Mac? If Mac, there is more to the install that requires configuration on your computer that is not need on Windows.

I know you say everything is in the right place and might be, but providing me images of things would help troubleshoot this quicker.

1) Screenshot of the documents folder location screen using explorer and properties
2) Screenshot of the full path to the wolver studios folder, including showing the contents of the DSPF 2024 folder
3) Screenshot of the mod install starting screen after you change the path to match where you think the documents folder is

The fact you have correct player names, able to find and log the coaches/schedule file doesn't provide a clue in this case because those are different than how team names and logos are loaded. If your not on a Mac, I still highly suspect one of the steps/locations is wrong which seeing the exact screens would help solve as it might be subtle and overlooked.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:56 am

brianc92121 wrote:Its late where I am now. Thursday night about 11PM. Im in Indonesia. I'll get you screen shots in my morning. Thanks for being so patient with me!

Please see my other post that identifies exactly what images I need. Unfortunately, not sure I will be able to get back to you until next week as I won't have access to my computer the next few days unless it is obvious by just what you show in the images. One other thought, you are in a different country than US, I wonder if it also has to do with any character/language settings on the computer.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brianc92121 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:13 pm

I have the situation fixed. I did two things; first, I uninstalled and re-installed the DDDPF24 game. Secondly, when I created my NEW league I did NOT increase the number of practice squad players but left it at 10. Once the game loaded, the correct team names and logos were there. Please feel free to delete this message string...
brianc92121

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:21 pm

brianc92121 wrote:I have the situation fixed. I did two things; first, I uninstalled and re-installed the DDDPF24 game. Secondly, when I created my NEW league I did NOT increase the number of practice squad players but left it at 10. Once the game loaded, the correct team names and logos were there. Please feel free to delete this message string...

That would be odd if practice player amount impacted the mod as nothing within the mod is player specific or related to practice players. I’ll have to try that when I can but if that is a problem would be something the game would need to fix.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:17 am

slybelle1 wrote:
brianc92121 wrote:I have the situation fixed. I did two things; first, I uninstalled and re-installed the DDDPF24 game. Secondly, when I created my NEW league I did NOT increase the number of practice squad players but left it at 10. Once the game loaded, the correct team names and logos were there. Please feel free to delete this message string...

That would be odd if practice player amount impacted the mod as nothing within the mod is player specific or related to practice players. I’ll have to try that when I can but if that is a problem would be something the game would need to fix.

I just created a new league and increased practice players to 20 and logos and team names showed without an issue as expected, I don't think that had anything to do with your issue. Must have been something else with the league. Just curious, did you have your old league created before you installed the mod correctly? If so, the names and logos would not have shown on that league, they would only show for "new" leagues AFTER you correctly have installed the mods correctly, it can't be applied to existing leagues. Maybe that is what happened in your case. Either way, your up and running so not important anymore.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby robbd7 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:15 pm

EDIT:My mistake
Last edited by robbd7 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbd7

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:23 pm

My mod doesn’t include player images or anything roster related
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods