Playing as an assistant coach

Playing as an assistant coach

Postby Greyfriars Bobby » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:41 am

I've begun a career as an assistant coach (I've been writing about it in the Dynasty Reports board, too). My alter-ego is the recruiting assistant for his program.

What actions am I able to control as the recruiting assistant? I've added players to the call and watch lists, but it doesn't look like I can decide which players to invite for campus visits. It also doesn't look like I can decide which players to offer scholarships.

Am I right about those limitations? They would seem realistic, since head coaches would naturally be calling the shots.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!
Greyfriars Bobby

Re: Playing as an assistant coach

Postby PointGuard » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm

I just simply don't play as an assistant coach, but I THINK that your right re what you can't do as an recruiting assistant.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Playing as an assistant coach

Postby Greyfriars Bobby » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:16 pm

PointGuard wrote:I just simply don't play as an assistant coach, but I THINK that your right re what you can't do as an recruiting assistant.

That seems to be right. I can also watch film and choose what to focus on, which gives me something helpful to do. I'm not sure if I can influence the head coach's pursuit of different recruits by watching their film each week. After I added a particular player to the call and watch lists and took a look at his film, the HC brought him in for a campus visit. We had not been recruiting him before that point, so perhaps I can help put certain players on the HC's radar.

Thanks for the reply!
Greyfriars Bobby

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion