Player Transfers

Player Transfers

Postby jscott991 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:25 pm

I'm in my third season as Cincinnati. I had great luck my first season and recruited one of the country's top players (a center). In my second season, he had a fantastic year as a freshman and we won the national championship, boosting my school's prestige to 90. In the offseason, I was informed he was transferring out.

This is absolutely absurd. No player of his caliber would ever leave a national champion for another school. And no elite player would ever give up a year of eligibility after scoring 24 pts a game with 12 rebounds. He probably should have turned pro, but transferring is ridiculous.

I've reloaded my game a few times and he always transfers (although other players tend to be more random).

Is there any way to stop this?

Barring that, is there any way to cheat to keep him from transferring?

I'm seriously going to abandon the game if I can't work around this because of how frustrating it is.
jscott991

Re: Player Transfers

Postby jscott991 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 pm

This is absolutely infuriating. I've re-run the end of season stuff about 20 times and I lose him every time. There's no info anywhere that would suggest why he would leave and there seems no way to use commissioner mode to prevent it.

If I can't fix this, I seriously am done. This is unbelievably random.
jscott991

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 pm

As the season progresses look at Team incidents, post game incidents... If his name appears there, every time it does call him and talk to him (under Attitude). Usually, but not always his name appearing is an indication that he is unhappy. Sometimes, but not always, talking with him every time, gets him to stay.

I work at UConn (not in sports). The last time we won a national championship under Jim Calhoun a starter transferred out the season following the title. During that season he had lost playing time and slipped into Calhoun's dog house. He left, gave up a year of eligibility, and wound up at I think Missouri. It's rare, but it happens.

I agree that it happens too frequently here. But Gary listens. Send him a message. He may well tweak this for the next version if he hears that people are upset about it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jscott991 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 pm

There was no attitude issue. He even said so during a phone call.

It came completely out of left field.

What bothers me more than the lack of information (and the absurdity of someone giving up basically two years in the NBA to transfer) is the fact that it is 100% guaranteed to happen. I must have reloaded about 40 times tonight and not once did he fail to transfer.

I think it's a combination of his recruiting ranking and conference prestige. He transfers to Duke basically every time (once to UNC that I noticed when I played it out). That simply wouldn't happen for a short-term college player and high level NBA prospect.
jscott991

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:00 am

What was the level of his relationship with the coach? With teammates?

Is his personality rating low?

Did his level of interest re "Coach Discipline" significantly differ from your Head Coach's discipline level?

Agree with Wayne that it's a good idea to pass along the details and your concerns to Gary via the "SUPPORT" link in the QUICK LINKS section of the wolverinestudios.com main page. YOu can also send him the association files so he can look it over.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:03 am

Of course, its always possible Coach K is doing something nefarious. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:31 am

I decided to respond in this thread instead of your PM but first I would like to assure you that nothing is done randomly in the game nor do too many players transfer. In fact I am willing to bet the game has FAR fewer transfers than in real life. According to this site http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019 there are 740 players transferring (and counting) as of today. I would be surprised if the transfer list was that high in the game.

There is a reason why the player is transferring. Now if you want to send me the game files (I will PM you the email address to send them to) I would be happy to look at them and see what the decision logic being used is. I would agree that it seems like a case where this is a player who should have gone pro so regardless I don't think he is a player that would be sticking with your team but I am curious to see why he is making the decision to transfer.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm

It does happen in real life as Wayne's example and I remember Kyle Wiltjer transferred from Kentucky to Gonzaga after winning a National Championship at Kentucky so it does happen in real life.
I would think something would show up ether with the players or coaches relationships ratings with him. Or may was he from North Carolina? As Duke or N Carolina would be a step up in team prestige for a reason to go (Did he mention playing close to home when recruiting him). But as Gary offered send him the files and see why it happened. Overall I haven't seen too much issue with transfers.
NCAAhoops

Postby jscott991 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:24 pm

He was from Missouri.

Carmelo Anthony would never have transferred from Syracuse to Duke after winning the title.

I'll be curious to see what is found with the save files.

Edit:

I now see that I was reading something wrong on his player profile. Although all of his other bars are positive, he has basically no team relationship. So I guess that is it. I still think this situation is completely unrealistic because of the lost year of eligibility.
jscott991

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:53 pm

jscott991 wrote:He was from Missouri.

Carmelo Anthony would never have transferred from Syracuse to Duke after winning the title.

I'll be curious to see what is found with the save files.

Edit:

I now see that I was reading something wrong on his player profile. Although all of his other bars are positive, he has basically no team relationship. So I guess that is it. I still think this situation is completely unrealistic because of the lost year of eligibility.

Yeah,while he probably would have gone pro in real life, sometime strange things happen.

But otherwise the game logic appears sound...if he didn't get along with his teammates at all, transferring is likely.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion