Full college mod?: Now released in Mods

Full college mod?: Now released in Mods

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Several of us are attempting to reach Bloomington about a real world mod for 2019 and the assumption is he may not have the time to continue into this version. I say assume as this is what it is right now.
If he can't, then I will put one together and because we are already seeing the release date won't be too much longer I would like to get organized and started if I do this myself.

Below are the things I'd like to hear from the community to do this right. If you don't give an opinion then don't complain later.

1. I would leave the DDSCB2019 default.dat file alone and do Imports like my previous mods. Three reasons.
One, if Bloomington does find time then no interference from me.
Two, if you have trouble and suspect the mod you can go back to factory default of everything without moving/coping the default.dat and see if you still have issues.
Three, Several different mods could co-exist without moving/coping the default.dat. Just choose a different import.

2. The logos. Some of the Bloomington's overwrote some of Wolverines originals and some didn't. Right now I'm leaning on not over writing any of Wolverines and use a new naming convention. (again this protects the default.dat)
I would use 19_teamname , This would not overwrite Wolverines. The 19_ in front of the team name would keep them sorted in order making it easy to tell what's what and you could sort and delete all 19_ logos to remove them if you wish.

3. The Import association from DDSCB2018 feature works great. But it does not carry over logos nor would I expect it to. So this would make it easy for me to make a mod to fix associations carried over to 2019 version form my previous mods and Bloomington's by just making a logo installer so when you move those associations over you can just download the logo installer for either my or Bloomington's mod that you began your Association with.

4. See number 2 & 3, Naming the logos with 19_teamname would also make it easier to do the above for future releases such as DDSCB2020 in case graphics change again. Those could be 20_teamname? maybe?

5. Game generated player portrait's have changed from 2018. If you start a new association from default.dat or an Import for DDSCB2019 you won't have any issue. If you bring in an association from DDSCB2018 then these need modified. Maybe add this to the above logo installer and just call it a 2018-2019 full carry over update. Here is where I don't know how many of you are planning to bring you association's from 18 to 19 so lets here from you if you want this.

6. Player portraits now have a jersey overlay. The naming convention of these would also need changed to the 19_teamname to work.

7. Coach portrait's have change. If you use coach portrait's these appear to work just fine. But I see them so rarely (unless I go to Staff screen) I may for go coaches picture in the mod and make it a separate installer if you wish to use them rather than put them in a real world mod. There will be an Import with real coaches just no portrait's and if you want them make them a separate install.

8. As of now my thought is you can just use the create an Associations in the following ways.
One, A 2018-19 Import mod with just real conference names, teams name & info, all logos & courts, with Wolverine defaults in all other aspects and the game generates coaches & players. This would be like Bloomington's Real World Lite.
Two, A 2018-19 Import mod created from my 2018-19 preseason mod only updated to what's happening with teams now that the season is underway. This would be like Blooming's Real World Full.

I'm open to ideas, suggestions, or anything you feel is needed. Don't be shy! Time is approaching quickly for the release or DDSCB2019 and much work needs to be done to have this all put together to have ready by the time the game drops. So now's the time to give your input or ask questions about any of the above because if I have put days into making these mods I don't plan to start over at the last minute if the game is about to release.

I have only started the logos so far as they all will be updated to look cleaner and all will be the current logo for each team. Later I'll do older logos as they are what I prefer and then you can choose which you prefer.
The Historical mod hasn't had anyone post they would like to see it continued. Right now it does not work on 19. Is anyone using this enough to warrant the work? If so I would rename it "Great Teams" mod as I think the Historical name confused some people.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: DDSCB2019 Real World?

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Appreciate your thoughts and work on this. Having a mod ready for when CB2019 is released will be fantastic.

Re #5--Yes, I will be importing an association from CB2018 to CB2019. In testing of CB2019, I've done that successfully. Only issued (not a big one for me, but an issue just the same) was the player pics came over as in CB2018 and a pure white jersey was superimposed under the picture that partially block out the lower portion of the pics. My coaches were given new CB2019 pics (which was fine by me since I wasn't partial to any specific picture). I also have successfully installed bloomington's mod on CB2019 but since it's no longer completely accurate, we DO need a new one so yours will be a big PLUS.

My own personal needs re mods are pretty simple: Correct team names, correct conference names, correct logos, and good looking courts specific to each team and also conference tournament. It would also be "nice" if the mod could rename the pre-conference tournaments to their correct names, but that's not critical for me. With that my "DDSCB world" is complete and my enjoyment of the game is enhanced. But I realize that others have different needs so hope they share what they'd like.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:24 pm

I am looking for exactly what PointGuard said in his reply here. And thanks!
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:52 am

Wayne23 wrote:I am looking for exactly what PointGuard said in his reply here. And thanks!

Dat's why we're called "simple", Wayne. :p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 am

For me, I really never used the "full" real world mod in the past. The person did a great job and I know it was popular. But for me, I don't like much to be changed within the files because I always fear it may alter the experience, especially if too much updated. So as the other folks have stated, I typically created my own thing that just changed the basics to ensure real world things such as--logos, team names, conference names, tournament names, arena names, arena capacity, etc. Adding coach names and other historical information, not a big fan of myself since those things change quickly in the association and feels uneven. For example, if you load all the coach's and team's historical information, player history still does not exist which would be impossible to do. So I would rather have no historical data than just some.

Just my two cents...
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby frankinho » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks a lot for doing this and providing the mods for the community. I mainly also use just logos, conferences, additional variance in player faces, and real tourneys and logos. If provided would also use real coaches but i'm not bothered if there are no real players since i'm running long term dynasty anyway. Would be great if its also possible to change all the awards and pictures to reflect real ones instead of the WS awards.
Thanks again!
frankinho

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Definitely you will have a choice of what you want. From minimal just conferences and teams to full blown with conferences, teams, coaches. Logos for all.
And #5 I already have a way to make the old 2018 players work in 2019 properly. Hope to just put it in the mod if there's time if not make a separate download for those who need it.

One more question if you play your games out on screen then how the players are displayed on the court. There are the square ones in the DDSCB default or use the Jersey types that appear in my previous mods? What's your choice?
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:One more question if you play your games out on screen then how the players are displayed on the court. There are the square ones in the DDSCB default or use the Jersey type that appear in my previous mods?

In the past I've always used the square ones. Then when I played your Historical (Great) Teams mod, it has the jersey players. They look cool on the court and are a great tweak for playing out games. Very nice!
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:02 pm

For me, getting the conference structure and logos correct is the primary concern.

Do we know if DDSCB2019 will require us to change tournament names every time we start up, as is now the case?
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:For me, getting the conference structure and logos correct is the primary concern.

Do we know if DDSCB2019 will require us to change tournament names every time we start up, as is now the case?

Yes, tournament naming is the same as in DDSCB2018.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion