Teams (?)

Teams (?)

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:40 pm

I am currently working on logos, etc....for the new game.

Curious question.....does the dat file default to the current 2019 conference/teams structure? ie California Baptist added in the WAC, Hampton to Big South, etc......
WarEagle13

Re: Teams (?)

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:47 pm

also...as well on another note....if you start a league in say the 2019 version and progress a league based on the 353 team format

Is there a way in the next year or two of seasons progressed in the league (example if DDSCB20 comes out) and new conference alignment changes occur, to be able to adjust an existing league to reflect those changes?

In 2019/20 upcoming season Merrimack will be leaving Div2 and joining the NEC.....Savannah State will be leaving the MEAC and going to Div2.

Just trying to figure out if I want to make those changes in DDSCB19 out of the gate to reflect the next couple years down the road if there is not a way to increase/decrease existing conferences.
WarEagle13

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm

The game has always been hardcoded at 352 teams so in the default structure this year yes the two new D1 teams were added and conference movements made - the one fictional team (Winston Salem St) and Savannah State were dropped.

I don't know what I will do for DDSCB2020 but obviously if there is another team joining D1 then some changes will have to be made to accommodate 353 teams going forward. There does exist the ability now in the game to trade teams one for one between conferences in a league but I can look into doing something to just move one team without a swap and changing the conference size
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby WarEagle13 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:45 am

Understood about the previous 352 game format in the past. This year there are 353 but it is simple to keep it at 352. Since Savannah State is leaving next year it will be easy to change them to Cal Baptist in the WAC

As for Merrimack joining in next year has anyone attempted or is it a definitive no about adding in teams above the 352 mark and adjusting conference tab to reflect correct number of teams?
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:50 pm

WarEagle13 wrote:Understood about the previous 352 game format in the past. This year there are 353 but it is simple to keep it at 352. Since Savannah State is leaving next year it will be easy to change them to Cal Baptist in the WAC

As for Merrimack joining in next year has anyone attempted or is it a definitive no about adding in teams above the 352 mark and adjusting conference tab to reflect correct number of teams?

Just checked the 2018-2019 WAC standings and Savannah State already is not part of WAC and Cal Baptist is.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby WarEagle13 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 pm

Savannah State has never been in the WAC.....

Cal Baptist was added in the WAC this year making it the 353rd team, as Savannah State is in the MEAC
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 pm

WarEagle13 wrote:Savannah State has never been in the WAC.....

Cal Baptist was added in the WAC this year making it the 353rd team, as Savannah State is in the MEAC

Oh, OK...I see 'em. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Valdarix » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:26 pm

WarEagle13 wrote:Understood about the previous 352 game format in the past. This year there are 353 but it is simple to keep it at 352. Since Savannah State is leaving next year it will be easy to change them to Cal Baptist in the WAC

When I was working on the real world mod in the past and the D2 fantasy mod, going below or above 352 teams would cause serious issues with the game. It's the whole reason the D2 mod was a fantasy mod, I had to make it work in the confines of the game engine and not cause crashes, etc.

Since the underlying engine is the same as it has been for the past several years I assume going above or below the mark will still cause major issues.
Valdarix

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 pm

Yes 352 is the magic number from my experience. I assume its due to creating schedules and similar things.
NCAAhoops

Postby WarEagle13 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys

I’ll take yalls experienced advice and stay at 352. I’ll probably remove Ssv St and add. CalBaptist....save Merrimack for another time. I actually not completely sure when they enter Div 1 anyways. I’ve seen 2019/20, but also 2022/23
WarEagle13

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion