After buying CB19...

After buying CB19...

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:51 pm

DDSCB2019 has a VERY different layout and some cool new additions, so....

After purchasing CB19, you MAY want to go to the HELP tab in the game and then click on the small book icon and at least skim through the DDSCB2019 QUICK GUIDE.

Not only does the QUICK GUIDE go through the basic steps to use various ways of using the game, but it will give you a quick review of what's available in the new list of links on the left side of the screen. The links are now in a new location and they are organized by a new logic (which is good, but as you know everyone's logic is different, so seeing where things are and what's available there might make it easier if your logic happens to differ from Gary's). Also there's a new way to apply coaching options when playing out games and the guide succinctly explains this.

I know you will figure the revised game out anyway, but this just might make it quicker and easier.

(No, I do not get a royalty for each time the small book icon is clicked. Damn!) :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: After buying CB19...

Postby Orsalak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 pm

The cursor flickers when I click on the book icon, but nothing comes up. I tried the keyboard and people icons and those worked fine.
Orsalak

Postby Orsalak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm

It appears to be an issue on my side. I found the pdf in the directory and I can't open it with adobe but I can open it with a different tool. My adobe appears to be messing up right now, will try rebooting later to see if that fixes it.
Orsalak

Postby CoachC » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:09 pm

PointGuard wrote:(No, I do not get a royalty for each time the small book icon is clicked. Damn!) :D

That's too bad, PG. I clicked on it about 20 times trying to get it to open. you'd be rich!
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 am

CoachC wrote:
PointGuard wrote:(No, I do not get a royalty for each time the small book icon is clicked. Damn!) :D

That's too bad, PG. I clicked on it about 20 times trying to get it to open. you'd be rich!

Coach, it opens every time I click on the book icon. What version on DDSCB2019 are you using. The most current is version 1.5.

Another way to open it is to go to the HELP folder in the DDSCB2019 folder on your computer and open it from there.

It's a PDF...do you have Adobe Reader on your computer?

Another problem might be if you're using Chrome...here's a notice from Google:

"You can normally open PDFs automatically in Chrome by clicking on the file you want to see. If your PDFs are downloading instead of opening automatically in Chrome, Chrome PDF viewer could be turned off.

Open PDFs in Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
Turn off Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
Chrome will now open PDFs automatically when you click them."
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 am

I have adobe reader, PG, but to look at the document i'll probably have to find it in the files. I don't normally have any problems with opening PDF files in Chrome, but for some reason it's not working for me. And yes, i have the current version.

I don't really need it, but I just wanted to see what you two knuckleheads had to say! :P
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion