Time for some ASSISTS

Time for some ASSISTS

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:28 pm

With DDSCB2019 just coming out thus creating renewed interest in previous players and bringing in new players, there's no better time than now to make the following pitch:

If you have questions, thoughts, suggestions, comments, or stories about DDSCB, post them here in the forums.

While just playing DDSCB is a lot of fun for me, reading here what others are thinking about it makes the experience even better. And even though I've been playing the game a long time, I still find out new things here about how to play it. Often less experienced players of the game are more likely than those of us who've played it a long time (and have sort of slipped into our own "ruts") to come up with better ideas for the future and new/different ways to play the game. The more who post and the more frequently you post, the more lively and vibrant it'll make this forum and the more we all learn (phew, that was more 'more' than necessary in that sentence :p ). So dish out some assists here.

Oh yeah...post in the DDSCB2019 Dynasty Reports stories about your coach and team or the results of a Tournament Maker tourney you create. Dynasty reports don't have to go on forever, they may be just a few posts and they can be in any kind of format...it's just fun to read about what others are experiencing.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Time for some ASSISTS

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:06 am

I'll jump in feet first here.
One new feature I'm loving is the Game Predictor in the scouting screen. I now use this as a gauge of how well I am coaching.
For instance my last two games the 1st I had a 64% predictor of my team winning. So I felt instant pressure as a coach to win that game or in my head I could just see the ESPN guys talking badly about me. " They have the talent to win that game but coach ncaahoops made some poor decisions during that game that cost his team a win." Or "Coach ncaahoops obviously didn't have his team ready for this one folks" :eek:
The other game I had a 51% chance of winning. So I did not feel as much pressure if I did happen to loose that game. I felt as if ESPN would have said "Well this game could have gone either way so hopefully the team doesn't let this one get them down." (as long as I didn't get blown out)
So for me it has added a little more pressure as a coach to preform based on the predictor.

Maybe Gary would be able to use the game predictor in the future so you get an email from the AD when you lose one badly that you had a high % of winning. No need to have a coach response just have the AD email you a butt chewing. A sign your headed in the wrong direction. You know, more pressure from the AD to preform. Like I needed more pressure. :)
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:58 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:Maybe Gary would be able to use the game predictor in the future so you get an email from the AD when you lose one badly that you had a high % of winning. No need to have a coach response just have the AD email you a butt chewing. A sign your headed in the wrong direction. You know, more pressure from the AD to preform. Like I needed more pressure. :)

That's an interesting idea...and, if during the season it begins to look like you're not going to make the goals your AD has laid out, he could also give you an emailed warning, "Hey coach, remember that you're supposed to finish in the top 3 in the conference. That's not looking good right now. You need to light a fire under your team."
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Magic Bird » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 am

I like your suggestion, NCAAhoops. You make great observations about the game. :)

You should write a dynasty report; I would love to read your perspective and insights about playing the game. Writing a dynasty report requires some time and dedication, but one can learn more about playing the game through it. The process of playing through a dynasty and making a public report detailing one's exploits challenges a person to play the game seriously (or at least more seriously than when one plays but doesn't share their experiences with others).
Magic Bird

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion