Online Dynasty Play

Re: Online Dynasty Play

Postby Hawkeye40 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:21 am

I would definitely be interested in joining the league if you guys are still doing one. I'm already in a online Pro basketball league using a different software and I could possibly get others to join. SLACK is a great site for league communication.
Hawkeye40

Postby deftones » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Bumping this thread. Has there been any interest?
deftones

Postby Tim Moungey » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:01 pm

I'd be interested in an online league. Might help me get a better sense of recruiting, which is still the biggest impediment to my long-term interest in SP play.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby Tim Moungey » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Magic Bird wrote:
CoachC wrote:yep, that's why it's never happened even though the capability was there since CB1. i don't follow the pro game...has anyone ever established a successful league there?

Quite a few online leagues have been established over the years that use games from the Pro series. Some have even used the first DDS:PB for most of their existence. At least a couple of leagues have been active for several years. Golden Age Hoops and the Champion Sim League have probably been the most successful online leagues for the DDS:PB series.

Include NLLBallers in that trio, too. Although the league died out (Slack is actually a huge detriment to leagues and played a major role in NLL's demise), for a long time, it was the gold standard of MP leagues.

With college ball, you're going to have a lot of AI-run teams. Lot easier to get 30 people playing as opposed to 325 or whatever the exact number is. Trades also don't happen in college leagues obviously, which is another reason why it's traditionally difficult to sustain a college league, as trades are a major engine of activity in pro leagues. Not saying it can't be done of course - it obviously has been done before - but those are the two major impediments.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Yes, it's likely that there will be a low percentage of the 352 teams that have MP players. So it MIGHT work better if all players had teams in the same conference(s) so that there are more head-to-head games each season and the element of who comes out best in the standings is added as well. Recruiting is then somewhat equalized for all MP players as well since team prestige levels are closer than say if one MP player has a team in the ACC and another in the MEAC and another in the Missouri Valley Conf.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Perfekt » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:43 pm

I would be interested in this as well. I think if we could just set all the user teams to like 5 prestige and get in 1 or 2 conferences it could be incredibly fun and challenging.
Perfekt

Postby Mikaelinho » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 am

Good idea! I would be interested as well, if you need someone to finish dead last!
Mikaelinho

Postby LSUTigerJosh » Fri May 03, 2019 7:32 pm

I would also be interested in joining if this is taking place.
LSUTigerJosh

Postby atsather » Wed May 08, 2019 8:19 am

I am interested in joining! I have a brother who would probably sign up too.
atsather

Postby Cleasby » Thu May 09, 2019 8:32 am

Having bought the game I would be interested. I have limited experience of the game but would be keen to learn.
Cleasby

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion