Roster Manipulation

Roster Manipulation

Postby Kyounggun » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 am

I am new to DDS and was curious if there was any way to manipulate rosters. I would like to change some of the player ratings and those sorts of things but I do not see any way of doing that. Thanks!
Kyounggun

Re: Roster Manipulation

Postby Magic Bird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 am

Welcome!

You can go to the Commissioner's Office (click "Login" in the top menu) and modify players' ratings from there. Go to the roster of the team with the players you wish to modify, then right click on the name of one of the players. A ratings edit screen will pop up.

Also, you can export a database file which contains many aspects of your association that can be modified. You can edit player ratings as well as coach and team ratings in this file.

Here are some instructions for editing player ratings in the database successfully:
1. When you arrive at your office after creating your new association, click "Login" in the top menu to go to the Commissioner's Office.
2. Click "Export DB" under "Database Options."
3. Go to your Documents folder and open the "Wolverine Studios" folder. Within the folder hierarchy, navigate to your "Leagues" folder, open the "DB" folder in the folder corresponding to the association you want to edit, then open the database file in that folder.
(Note: If you do not have Microsoft Access, I recommend downloading and using "MDB Viewer Plus" to open and modify your exported league file.)
4. Click on the "Players" table, then find your team's players. Finding your team's players may be tricky. Here's a tip to find your team and your players easily. Look at your team's RPI at the bottom of the screen. That number is also your team's TeamID. Sort the Players table in the exported league database file by PlayerID and TeamID. Scroll to the TeamID that corresponds to your team.
5. Locate the columns containing the ratings you want to modify. Change the values for your players to your preferences.
6. When you are finished modifying your file, close the file, then select "Import DB" from the Commissioner's Office.

The game does not recalculate the scouted ratings that you view when you look at a player's card after importing database files, so many ratings will not appear to have changed. However, I assure you that your players have been modified and that the game will use the revised ratings.
Magic Bird

Postby Kyounggun » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks for the info!
Kyounggun

Postby Magic Bird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm ashamed to say that I neglected to mention something very important about modifying database files associated with your game. :o

When editing exports, save a backup file of the league you are attempting to make changes in.

Anyone can introduce errors into the database file that may affect the operation of your game. If you make an error that causes the game to malfunction or throw an exception (exit), it may be difficult or impossible to re-export the database file, find and correct the error in the file, then import the file and expect the game to resume running normally. If you have saved another copy of the association before you edited the database, you can load that league file and play your association normally. Otherwise, you may lose your association permanently.
Magic Bird

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:02 am

The best advice i can give since you say you are new to the dds:cb universe is to not do ANYTHING other than play the game for the next year....that alone is a high learning curve. THEN before cb20 is released decide if you want to do something like that.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am

if you want to get into altering the database files before then... well, good luck! I've always stayed out of modding myself because i find spreadsheets extremely tedious!
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion