Game Error

Game Error

Postby adamj95 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:37 am

My game crashed while saving at the end of the month of August during recruiting. When i try to load up that association, it says "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream". Any idea if this can be fixed?
adamj95

Re: Game Error

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:27 am

On the game opening screen try using "Restore Backup" (On right hand side) it will take you back to your previous save.
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am

what ncaahoops said is usually the best fix..i've had some bizarre things happen to me in the last 14 years too. inclucing an entire association that got wiped out in CB!. The next best solution with cb19 is to uninstall and reinstall the game...your saved stuff will still be available since it's in a separate folder now, away from the game folder. If you have any doubts, go copy all of your saved game files elsewhere before reinstalling.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 am

Using the restore option is the best bet here like was mentioned but I'm interested in the crash itself. Did you happen to do anything while the game was saving (maybe try to minimize the program or switch to another app or something)?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby CoachC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:51 am

and, did you install any mods? (sorry, Gary! I thought that was an appropriate question too.)
CoachC

Postby adamj95 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Using the restore option fixed my game. I have the real world mod installed. I was trying to switch between apps on my computer so that may be why the game crashed.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:34 pm

adamj95 wrote:Using the restore option fixed my game. I have the real world mod installed. I was trying to switch between apps on my computer so that may be why the game crashed.

Good point! Yes, I do not do other things on my computer when a DDS game SAVE is in progress. Some other computer programs or apps can mess up a save.
Last edited by PointGuard on Wed May 29, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Magic Bird » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:13 am

adamj95 wrote:Using the restore option fixed my game.

That's a relief!

Everyone who has posted has given excellent advice about what to do and what to consider when game errors occur. I'd like to add that if all else fails, one can contact support: https://www.wolverinestudios.com/support.
Magic Bird

Postby adamj95 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:24 pm

I seem to be having the same issue now trying to run one of my associations but there are no files to restore when I try to restore the backup. This has happened to me twice now. I am 3 years into this association and I went to click to go into July recruiting and the game crashed on me. I tried to load it up and it says "An unhandled exception occurred: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream." I went to go restore my backup and there are no files in that association. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me.

https://imgur.com/STtwj80
adamj95

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 am

Something is happening while you are saving the game where the game has to be either crashing or being closed out. That's the only explanation for how a save could be incomplete and there be no backup file for it. When you save the game are you waiting for the popup box that says it was saved successfully before exiting? Do you have any other programs running? Do you have One Drive automatically backing up your My Documents folder? If you do please exempt the Wolverine Studios folder from that because we know that can cause an issue while simulating if the One Drive backup decides to start up.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion