Extensions

Re: Extensions

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:47 am

Wayne23 wrote:It seems to me that it is MUCH more difficult to hire decent assistants at reasonable salaries in this version of the game. I'm wondering if any else is feeling that way.

Skinflint!!! :p

But yeah, it costs more now to hire (and extend) assistants, but in previous versions I think the salaries for which you could get assistants were too low.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:27 am

There's PG, putting on the hair shirt again...
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I can't change the positioning of the order in which things happen - at least not in this version. I think the way things are setup also make it a little bit more interesting. If you know the board gave you more money then its a no brainer to just extend the assistants and give them raises but if its a question as to whether you will get the money or not then you have to make a choice. Are they worth cutting back the recruiting budget to keep them if you have to? I kind of like it better that way.

I also think that if you do up the coaches pay and don't get a budget increase that might make it more likely you spend all of your budget the next season and then the board might see the reason for needing an increase instead of giving you the increase first when they aren't sure you're even going to need more money.

Yes, I thought that was why you did it that way. It simply isn't the way the world works :)

What it does is push the decision back one year until after you've gotten the increased budget. Plus if you keep pointlessly spending money on recruiting after you've landed all your scholarships, you'll spend all your money anyway. Tip: go overseas a lot to see players you can't get. That will spend your cash quickly.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion