Minor Statistical Anomaly

Minor Statistical Anomaly

Postby jfsolo23 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm greatly enjoying the game like I do every year, but after having finished the first season there is one stat that sticks out right away-Team Block Shots. In the real NCAA now a couple of teams may average 7 blocks a game with the rest of the top 30 teams averaging 5 or 6 blocks. During my first season over 40 teams averaged 7 blocks a game. That isn't too terrible, but the top ten teams averaging between 9-12 blocks a game is a bit too high. IMO, there are a few too many blocked jump shots every game that in reality would be wild misses instead(air balls or big time clanks). Maybe these numbers are just an outlier for this season, but I wanted to mention it as something that could possibly get some tuning, Thanks.
jfsolo23

Re: Minor Statistical Anomaly

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:56 pm

I have notice this a well. I was thinking of sending in a note about it. What I am seeing its the beginning game generated players. As a few years go by, especially 4 years and all those guys are gone, it comes down to near real levels. It appears to me the guards and some shooting forwards are some of the issue in the beginning blocking to many shots. I'm not sure if the big's are some of the issue early on or not.
But the further you go the lower they become and then close enough to real after a few years. It hasn't been a big issue for me because of the fact it does come down.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:34 am

Yeah, while statistical categories for most all DDSCB are pretty close to real life, blocks are higher.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:17 pm

jfsolo23 wrote:I'm greatly enjoying the game like I do every year, but after having finished the first season there is one stat that sticks out right away-Team Block Shots. In the real NCAA now a couple of teams may average 7 blocks a game with the rest of the top 30 teams averaging 5 or 6 blocks. During my first season over 40 teams averaged 7 blocks a game. That isn't too terrible, but the top ten teams averaging between 9-12 blocks a game is a bit too high. IMO, there are a few too many blocked jump shots every game that in reality would be wild misses instead(air balls or big time clanks). Maybe these numbers are just an outlier for this season, but I wanted to mention it as something that could possibly get some tuning, Thanks.

Zion says you are wrong:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... roken-down

When you consider Hunter will be a First Rounder, too, that block is amazing.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Magic Bird » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:23 am

I've also noticed this too many blocks per game issue.
Magic Bird

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

And not enough charges taken. Last night a VCU player took 3 charges in a game. That's an entire season for one of my players.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion