Commissioner mode?

Commissioner mode?

Postby Raf86 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi,

I like to play sports simulation games as the commissioner, with full control over teams and the league in general.
Is this possible in this game?

I don’t want to have to pick a team and have blank ratings due to scouting issues.

Also, if a commissioner mode could be implemented, it would be great If I was able to pick the teams to go to the tourney based on my criteria.

Are any of these things possible or will be in the future?

Thanks!
Raf86

Re: Commissioner mode?

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Yes you can run the game from the commissioner's screen.

You can also create one or as many coaches as you like and put their actions on 'auto-pilot" (AI controlling all aspects) and see how they and their teams do if you want to focus on one or more teams...and run all that from the commissioners screen with the AI taking actions for the coaches you created.

You can't pick the teams for the NCAA, NIT, CIT, and CBI tournaments.

But...you can use Tournament Maker and set up and play out your own tournament (assigning and seeding each and every team) ...of course the results won't be part of your association history and stats.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Raf86 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:45 pm

thanks pointguard.

I'm hoping that they will implement something a bit more user friendly. I don't want to have to make 100+ coaches in order to follow each team accurately. And I hope they will implement the comish feature of chosing the tourney teams, because I want the history recorded. That's the best part of sports management sims to me, a rich historical record to relive the stories of the league.
Raf86

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:21 am

Raf86 wrote:thanks pointguard.

I'm hoping that they will implement something a bit more user friendly. I don't want to have to make 100+ coaches in order to follow each team accurately. And I hope they will implement the comish feature of chosing the tourney teams, because I want the history recorded. That's the best part of sports management sims to me, a rich historical record to relive the stories of the league.

You can follow any team you would like, whether you have created a coach for that team or not...so no worries about having to create a herd of coaches (or is that a gaggle of coaches?) :D

Re your other desire...you can make a request for that to be an option for next version of DDSCB (which should come out in early 2020). Gary reviews the requests and maybe it would make the grade...you never know.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Zorro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:47 am

How do you get to Commissioner Mode? I cannot find it anywhere.
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Zorro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 am

I found it but I did not see where I can make a AI coach.
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Zorro: Do you want to have just one AI-coached team you follow for the association you create? Or multiple AI-coached teams you want to follow for the association you create? If multiple, how many?
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby t965203 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Zorro wrote:I found it but I did not see where I can make a AI coach.

I have the same question. I can't seem to create another coach.
t965203

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:55 pm

To create more than one coach, click on NEW GAME, then click on "Multiplayer". Go through the screen to create a coach.

After creating a coach, a screen will pop up where there will be a "Create New Player" button. Click on that and create the 2nd coach...can keep doing that if you want even more coaches.

When finally done creating coaches, click on the "Finalize" button.

After opening that association if you want the AI to control all the coach's actions, go to OPTIONS for each coach for which you want this and checkmark the 3 boxes for the items in the "Task Management Options" section and also the "Default to Simulating Human Games" that is in the "Simulating Options" section.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion