Launching in triple screen (NVIDIA Surround/WIN 10)

Launching in triple screen (NVIDIA Surround/WIN 10)

Postby daltontr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:16 pm

I wouldn't categorize this as an support issue, more of an oddity that I'd like to correct. Simply because I'd rather not run the game in window mode (Although that is the obvious work around).

So, here's the issue. Games/applications that do not utilize surround, load in the center monitor when launched full screen. However, DDS:CB launches in the left monitor, but the game alerts (Pop-ups) always appear in the center monitor. That's really odd, because I assumed they would show up in the same monitor that the game launched in.

Anyway, the simple solution is to run in window mode and the second option is to disable surround. Neither of the those options are difficult, just not desirable. First of all, Nvidia Surround can be finicky and once it's correctly setup, you really don't want to mess with it. Running DDS:CB in window mode isn't ideal either, because of a combination of the fixed monitor angles, scaling and bezel correction.

In short, if anyone knows why DDS:CB is doing this or has a method to force it to launch in the center monitor I would greatly appreciate it.
daltontr
Elite Member

Re: Launching in triple screen (NVIDIA Surround/WIN 10)

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 am

That's the first I've heard of that - I'm not sure with the way it is currently coded that we can change anything but I will look into it. I am also looking into options for future versions that would allow for a windowed mode that took up the entire screen regardless of display size so that you could drag it to whichever monitor you would like
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion