Campus visits

Campus visits

Postby Mikaelinho » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 am

What influences the outcome of campus visits? Facility rating? Prestige? What else?
Mikaelinho

Re: Campus visits

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:53 pm

If the guy agrees to visit campus it's a help in recruiting. Beyond that I don't know.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:17 pm

If by outcome of a campus visit you mean the chance a player will add a '+' or two to his column, I'd say it is random skewed to likely it will. There reaction email tells what happens and if its negative, I drop the kid--there are plenty more. I don't think there are 'influencers' for this function as the points of emphasis for a home visit include facilities and prestige. I've found if I get a bad reaction but really want the kid, a reload may produce a good reaction. However recruiting visits are more powerful and sometimes overcome a bad campus visit reaction. Particularly when the kid stays in the uncommitted column.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:03 pm

Definitely random. I started up just now and all three guys who visited said, "Not worthwhile". So I reloaded and reran, and one of them now loves me. So random.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:57 am

Yeah, agree there is a degree of randomness. But I think you'll find that generally in-state recruits will be the most positive, regional the next most positive, and out-of region recruits less likely to be positive. Also, if you've already gotten the recruit to be interested in your program before having them visit your campus, they will likely be more positive that those who have yet to become interested in your program. Of course, it always depends on your school's prestige level...the higher the prestige, the more likely recruits will be happy with their campus visits and gain a higher level of interest.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Mikaelinho » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:59 am

I've noticed a massive difference in campus visits between my two saves with Maine and Louisville. They are miles apart when it comes to prestige and that is reflected in the outcome of campus visits:

Louisville
Prestige: 81
Facilities: A
Campus visits: 18
Positive outcome: 18
Negative outcome: 0
Percentage of positive outcome: 100

Maine
Prestige: 11-21
Facilities: C to D+
Campus visits: 114
Positive outcome: 37
Negative outcome: 77
Percentage of positive outcome: 32

Most likely there are other factors involved as well, but I think that prestige and facilities has a lot to do with it. A 100% success rate is highly unlikely to maintain as the no of visits increase, but the 18 visits to the Louisville campus so far have been varied with local, regional and national players. With Maine I've almost exclusively targeted in-state players with a couple of regionals in there as well.
Mikaelinho

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:18 am

PointGuard wrote:Yeah, agree there is a degree of randomness. But I think you'll find that generally in-state recruits will be the most positive, regional the next most positive, and out-of region recruits less likely to be positive. Also, if you've already gotten the recruit to be interested in your program before having them visit your campus, they will likely be more positive that those who have yet to become interested in your program. Of course, it always depends on your school's prestige level...the higher the prestige, the more likely recruits will be happy with their campus visits and gain a higher level of interest.

Actually, I can't get out-of-state guys to MAKE a visit, so I would not know about their reaction. At DePaul, occasionally an out-of-stater would show up late in the recruiting process--say January, but I dropped down to Jacksonville because even though it has low prestige it is B- facilities and I wanted to experience that. No one from outside Florida has made a visit in season one.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:15 am

I'm playing at a pretty low prestige school and can get most (but not all) recruits from within the region to visit, but getting those from outside the region is tough (but can get some).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Just to add on here it is not completely random but a series of "random rolls" against different events regarding things having to do with your school, the recruiting assistant, the players...this way it gives you the chance of anything happening although some outcomes may be more likely than others
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Mikaelinho » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:39 am

Thx for the clarification Gary!
Mikaelinho

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion