New players not joining

New players not joining

Postby Mikaelinho » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I had two players accept scholarships but when the new season started they were not on the roster and I didn't receive any notification of them not joining or anything. What might have happened?
Mikaelinho

Re: New players not joining

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:21 am

Not sure, but try closing and reopening the association and if that doesn't work, advance one time period and see if they show up.

Do you still have the save file from before the year ended? If so, check that to see they are still showing up as recruits for you.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 am

It's possible they didn't academically qualify at your school. So they can't be on the team.
NCAAhoops

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:28 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:It's possible they didn't academically qualify at your school. So they can't be on the team.

Shouldn't there have been a notice on January 28 stating that? Never happened to me, so I'm not certain of the procedure.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:28 pm

Look on the School Info page. Find your minimum SAT score. Look at the recruit card, and, assuming they are not JC, look at their SAT score.
Wayne23

Postby Mikaelinho » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:42 am

NCAAhoops wrote:It's possible they didn't academically qualify at your school. So they can't be on the team.

You were absolutely right. I went back and found a notice about this. I missed it since I din't know this was a thing. What are the cut-offs for this? Are there different GPA requirements for different schools?
Mikaelinho

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:06 am

Yes, different minimum SAT requirements for different schools...you can look at a school's minimum SAT requirement by going to the INFO screen for the school as Wayne suggested.

A recruit's GPA gives you an indication of how he will do on the SAT but some surprise you.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion