Suspending players

Suspending players

Postby Perfekt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:30 pm

What is the scenario in which you suspend a player? Like what actions are justifiably suspendable?

And when do you talk to a player about their behavior? Two guys arguing about whose gf is uglier seems like they are just having fun to me.
Perfekt

Re: Suspending players

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:50 pm

I only ever suspend a player if he's a red shirt who needs more study time, or if he doesn;t play much and is VERY disruptive.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Perfekt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Wayne23 wrote:I only ever suspend a player if he's a red shirt who needs more study time, or if he doesn;t play much and is VERY disruptive.

Can you give an example of a player who is very disruptive? Like what is a point where you are like, okay this dude gotta go.
Perfekt

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:25 pm

If you want to play the way you set your coach up, then it depends on the coach's DISCIPLINE level. If it's high, then he would be more apt to suspend a player (and for less significant issues) than if it's low.

Also his TEMPER could play into that decision as well. If the coach is a hot-head and a player gives him lip, suspend his ass. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:44 am

I also would consider suspending a player in the case of he's a guy you want to keep on the roster but not with the way he disrupts things. Suspension does two things - one it stops the disruption with other players without getting rid of the player in question and two it has the biggest chance of changing his attitude. The more aggressive your action the bigger the chance for change (or of course the bigger the chance for him to be fed up with you and leave the program).
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Perfekt » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I also would consider suspending a player in the case of he's a guy you want to keep on the roster but not with the way he disrupts things. Suspension does two things - one it stops the disruption with other players without getting rid of the player in question and two it has the biggest chance of changing his attitude. The more aggressive your action the bigger the chance for change (or of course the bigger the chance for him to be fed up with you and leave the program).

Thanks this is what I was looking for.
Perfekt

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion