Patriot League Playoff Tournament

Patriot League Playoff Tournament

Postby novafan14 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:24 pm

I just completed my first season at American University and noticed that all of the Patriot League playoff tournament games were played at Bucknell who was like the #4 seed. Meaning my first round game as American against Holy Cross was played at (a neutral site) Bucknell which didn't make any sense because in real life, the top seeded team would be the home team for each Patriot League tournament game (example #2 seed hosts #7 seed, #3 hosts #6, etc.) all the way through the conference tourney included the championship game.

I also noticed I was like the 4 seed going into the Patriot League Tournament and won my first round game against the #5 team. I then went on to beat the #1 seed in my second round conference tourney game and my next game against the #2 seed I was listed as the home team which shouldn't have been the case. It didn't really matter since it was a neutral site game but I should have been the away team playing at the home court of the #2 seed.

Gary - can you take a look into this when you get a chance?
novafan14

Re: Patriot League Playoff Tournament

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:00 am

novafan; I just checked and the Bucknell court was set as the Patriot League Tournament court as I used Bloomington's awesome court set in the mod. I didn't dig into these much as they are already quality work. But in the Graphics\Court\assn folder the Patriot Tournament court is Bucknell's court, so that's the court the game uses for the Patriot tournament. I hadn't noticed before but there are a few others that way for some small conferences.
By what you say if they use the higher seed's home court I'm not sure of a way to do that unless you move & rename the right court yourself. I would be happy to make a generic Patriot League Tournament court, do you have an idea what you think it should look like, maybe a picture. I'll probably do this for the others too.
NCAAhoops

Postby novafan14 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:13 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:novafan; I just checked and the Bucknell court was set as the Patriot League Tournament court as I used Bloomington's awesome court set in the mod. I didn't dig into these much as they are already quality work. But in the Graphics\Court\assn folder the Patriot Tournament court is Bucknell's court, so that's the court the game uses for the Patriot tournament. I hadn't noticed before but there are a few others that way for some small conferences.
By what you say if they use the higher seed's home court I'm not sure of a way to do that unless you move & rename the right court yourself. I would be happy to make a generic Patriot League Tournament court, do you have an idea what you think it should look like, maybe a picture. I'll probably do this for the others too.

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure it really matters but the simplest thing is doing a generic court as you suggest. Don't really have any suggestions on what it should look like, I trust you will come up with something cool!
novafan14

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:56 am

The good thing is even though your court was Bucknell's the game still saw it a a neutral site since its in the assn folder for tournaments. I found ASUN, IVY, NEC and Patriot that are the same way so I'll make generic Conference Tournament Courts for each of these with some kind of Conference Tournament Logo at center court.
NCAAhoops

Postby novafan14 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 am

NCAAhoops wrote:The good thing is even though your court was Bucknell's the game still saw it a a neutral site since its in the assn folder for tournaments. I found ASUN, IVY, NEC and Patriot that are the same way so I'll make generic Conference Tournament Courts for each of these with some kind of Conference Tournament Logo at center court.

That would be great, thanks!
novafan14

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion