Real World Mod on Steam Version?

Real World Mod on Steam Version?

Postby rmoons24 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Essentially the Header, is there a real world mod thats compatible with the steam version? If so would someone mind helping me out?
rmoons24

Re: Real World Mod on Steam Version?

Postby rmoons24 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:13 pm

Answered my own question, now im struggling to get the logos to work with the mod. Do I need to go team by team and set them?
rmoons24

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am

You shouldn't have to. But from what I hear the logos are stored in a different place with steam version and they need to be manually moved to that folder.
If someone can give me the locations where The Audio folder and all the Graphic folders (Courts-Jerseys-Logos-Players) are stored with using the Steam version I can make an installer that would do this for you but so far I do not know the directory tree for this as I do not use the Steam version myself. Anyone using Steam able to help with this?
NCAAhoops

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Here's mine for Steam:

C>ProgramFiles(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2019>Graphics

C>ProgramFiles(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2019>Imports

I double checked the capital letters and both look good.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Thank you "Friend". I really appreciate your help with the directory tree. I think there is a space in "Program Files(x86)" if it's the Windows default folder.
I will make a Steam version install and post it today.

It looks like if they point the install to "C:\Program Files(x86)>Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2019" everything should install where it needs to go. But I'll make a installer as this has come up several times and I haven't been able to help.

rmoons24 check your PM for a possible fix. Let me know if it works for you.
NCAAhoops

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 am

Yes, its the Windows default, however, there is a non-x86 version on my PC where some programs install themselves. All my Steam stuff goes as above.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby ignats75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 am

I just bought the game on STeam. I have tried multiple times to install the Real WOrld Mod to no avail. I finally found THIS thread and followed its instructions of pointing the installer to the right directories, buT when I opened the game up, I'm still getting generic teams and conferences. I wanted to start in the Patriot League at my Alma MAter Bucknell, but it doesn't exist. Help.
ignats75

Postby PointGuard » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Not sure what mod you installed, but try the one here:

viewtopic.php?f=296&t=30026

If that doesn't work, send a pm to NCAAhoops.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 am

Sorry haven't checked forums for a few days as I had a stolen car in a police case t-bone and total my car so I've been busy trying to handle all the associated issue of insurance, police reports and no transportation. :mad:
Steam installs differently than the version directly from Wolverine which is how the installer was designed to install. If you read this post I asked for someone to give me the install locations from steam which the next post Your_Imaginary_Friend gave me his locations and I made an installer based on his info. But I found later not everyone had the same install directories so I still had issues getting a grip on how to make an installer when Steam does always install in the same directories. Honestly until someone can give me some kind of solid way to find where Steam installed all the folders I'm kinda just guessing as I don't use Steam, so I have nothing here to go by on my end. There should be some way for me to find Steam's install directory in the registry if someone can get the info where steam puts it. Then I just check the registry for the install folder instead of guessing at it.
I'll see if I can find the installer I made for rmoons who started this thread to try if you wish, but be aware as it did not work for everyone so I pulled it and he never let me know if it worked for him either so I can't say for sure if its going work for you . (hopefully I did not delete it).
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:46 pm

ignats75 check your PM's and get back to me.
NCAAhoops

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion