A Few Questions Before Buying...

A Few Questions Before Buying...

Postby Seejayh » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 pm

I read a review of this game a few nights ago on Operation Sports and, since then, I've been all over the Dynasty forums here and watching Decathlon Gamer's YouTube series to make sure buying this would be a good idea for me. I have an incredibly addictive personality, and I can not tell you the amount of time I've spent playing College Hoops 2k8, let alone other management sims, specifically FM 2010 and 2012, and Eastside Hockey Manager 2007. That's not even digging into EA's FIFA and NHL franchises circa mid 2000s, and the surprisingly engaging What If Sports College Hoops Dynasty way back when.....I've been holding off on buying this game because I know it will be a black hole.

Anyways. Those are personal issues. My questions are this, haha.

1. With online leagues, can you coach the games against other human players, or do they simulated?

2. Can you run a local league on the same computer with 2 head coaches?

3. Can you export prospects into Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2019 and run a 2 player local league in THAT game?

4. There was something else I was going to ask, but I forgot.

This looks like an absolute gem of a game. The March Madness has really taken a hold of me, and it's very possible I will own this game before these questions are even answered. I apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I'm at the bar watching the games tonight, but here I am on my cell phone because all I can think about is when I'll be home so that I can purchase this fine pees'a software.
Seejayh

Re: A Few Questions Before Buying...

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Can't help you with the multi player things...but if your not aware, there is a free demo available where you can try out a season and you'll get a good feel on how the game plays before you buy. If your a college basketball fan and like the management/coaching side of things, really good game.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Seejayh » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Ahhh, did not know there were demos available. Great news! If, after the season, I purchase it, will it keep my save?
Seejayh

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 pm

yes
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Tim Moungey » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Yes, you can run 2 players locally on your computer in both games. You would have to set up a multiplayer league and then create two coaches/GMs. To run it on one computer, you would have two options:

1. Stay in Commish mode and change everything for the two teams there (you'll have to do this to execute trades anyway in the pro version).

2. Allow each player to log in to their profile, make their changes, export the file, then login as commish and import the files. This is probably the cleanest way to do it, even if it takes a little longer.

Yes, you can export classes to the pro game. Both the pro game and the college game will prompt you on certain dates to export or import draft class files. There's also a way to link the two games and have it be done automatically for you without the hassle of exporting/importing, but I always forget the exact details on this.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby Seejayh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Thanks! This really is a great game...trying to convince my gf to play but she just keeps calling me a nerd, her loss, I would destroy her anyway
Seejayh

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion