Totally Lost: Recruiting Questions

Totally Lost: Recruiting Questions

Postby jscott991 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:37 pm

So I played the previous version of College Football and actually got quite good at it, but I am completely overwhelmed by this game (despite having to recruit only a fraction of the players).

Is there a way to automate the recruiting? I simply don't see a button the way I did with football. And having to figure out how to attend camps, what reports to buy, and how to target players is just too much right now. I'd like to dabble in the game and then come back to detailed recruiting.

If there isn't a way to automate it or get the computer to do some of it for me, what should I be focusing on? If I only have to recruit 1-2 players in a cycle, is it really necessary to go to all these camps? What steps should I be taking each week to maximize my chances?

Also, did they change the save/load feature to make it harder to Save Scum? If that's true, then boy I really blew this by not getting the demo.
jscott991

Re: Totally Lost: Recruiting Questions

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Yes, under the "Options" button at the top center of the screen. At the bottom center choose "CPU Manage off season/recruiting".

I recommend using this and see what the CPU does every week to help you learn. When I first started I did this and as you get more comfortable you can leave it on CPU manage but you can choose some players you like to watch and call, you can even do visits and make scholarship offers and the CPU will still do its thing with everybody else. I kinda of think of it as if allowing my recruiting coach do most of the work and sooner or later you can turn the CPU manage off and take over if you wish.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:41 am

What NCAAhoops suggests is a very good option that allows you to have the AI do the recruiting functions and still keep track of what's going on each week so you begin to get comfortable with recruiting.

There is another option though which automates all recruiting (and summer) functions and speeds through the period from May 1 to mid-November). Each May 1st, you will get an email with the subject line "Skip the Summer?" When you open that email, you can click on "Skip Summer"...the game will move quickly through the May 1 to mid-November period with the AI taking care of all functions during that period.

To get familiar with recruiting, I suggest you click on the "HELP" tab and then click on the BOOK ICON listed under the middle column (Game Questions). That will open the QUICK GUIDE. On the 4th page there is a section on RECRUITING that would be worth your review.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jscott991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks for all the tips!
jscott991

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion