How Do You See the Stars of a Recruit

How Do You See the Stars of a Recruit

Postby jscott991 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:54 pm

There are a lot of references in the game to one star, two star, three star, four star, five star recruits, including recruiting goals.

But I can't see any column on a recruit that tells me what star ranking they are. The only way I can tell is to sort by min and max stars. Is that true?

Also is there any place to see how my recruiting class ranks?
jscott991

Re: How Do You See the Stars of a Recruit

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:35 pm

I never buy the Gold reports since I always coach at colleges that don't have a big enough budget to allow me to do so. Therefore I'll let others discuss the star ratings.

But with respect to recruiting class ranking when the new season begins (May 1) each year, there are two places you can see that:
1. Association Media>>News & Magazines>> Recruit Class Rankings (that provides the top 25)
2. A May 1st email (Subj: Recruit Class Ranking) provides a complete list for all colleges.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm

I don;t pay attention to the stars.
Wayne23

Postby jscott991 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:16 pm

What value are you using to quickly sort out recruits if not the stars?
jscott991

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:20 pm

OVR. I place a lot of weight on that. With a good team I go for only A and B players. With a poor team I add C. I rarely will go for a D and never for an F,
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:48 pm

Yeah, OVR is important. I look at everything and mishmash it all together in my mind. So individual skill ratings (particularly defense for all recruits rebounding for all but definitely for C and PF, scoring for SG and SF, and ball handling and passing for PG), numeric ratings nationally, and individual notes/comments.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:31 pm

jscott991 wrote:There are a lot of references in the game to one star, two star, three star, four star, five star recruits, including recruiting goals.

But I can't see any column on a recruit that tells me what star ranking they are. The only way I can tell is to sort by min and max stars. Is that true?

Also is there any place to see how my recruiting class ranks?

You get one email at the beginning of the season that shows the rankings of the recruiting classes. It is a long scroll if you are a small school to find yourself. As for the other schools in your conference, good luck finding them.

I have suggested adding this to the season preview reports, but mine is a lonely voice on this issue.

I have also never seen a recruit with less than three stars, so I have learned to ignore that, as has been suggested.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion