new to CB19

Re: new to CB19

Postby PointGuard » Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 pm

blazertaz13 wrote:When recruiting how much weight do you give to rankings? Or do you focus more on skill ratings?

Wish I could answer that for you, but I consider BOTH and just sort of weigh all the info (rankings, ratings, notes, interest level, their HS or JC stats, etc) in my head and make an educated GUESS on one player vs another....realizing that as in real life the rankings/ratings are evaluations with inherent biases and miscalculations.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:00 pm

I agree with PointGuard. It is an inexact science. I weigh the ratings, definitely, but a big thing for me is skill ratings- especially OVR, RB, and DEF for big guys, OVR, Pass, BH, and DEF for guards. Scoring? Less important for me. I am more interested in good D. If we have that we'll score enough points.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 19, 2019 12:34 am

Concur with Wayne re important ratings. I do like to get a SG (and if possible SF) with fairly high Scoring ratings since ones with LOW scoring ratings don't take enough shots, but it's not super-critical.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:01 am

Once again thanks for the tips, as I am finding them very useful.
blazertaz13

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Another quick question. Do you playout out your games or do you quick sim? Does there seem to be much of an obvious difference one why or the other?
blazertaz13

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun May 19, 2019 9:57 pm

I play out my games as I like to make in game decisions on substition's, offense, defense, time outs and all other in game decisions as this is one of my favorite parts of the game. Plus I can evaluate my players from what I see on court. And I like to scout my opponent and use that in the game.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Mon May 20, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:16 am

I mostly sim.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 20, 2019 1:25 pm

I've played out my games in most all the associations I've created.

A few times after playing a game I've had something mess up before I save and therefore have lost the result of that game. Sometimes I've then simmed that same game repeatedly to try to get a similar outcome re W/L, score, and point differential. Generally I've not found that simming the game meant that my team did worse or better than if play the game.

Sometimes simming results in my team not doing as well as it did when I played it out. If it's substantially different, I don't save the sim and sim it over until the result is reasonably similar to what I had when I played. But in a few of those instances where my team lost when I played it, they've won when I simmed it. So much for me being a good coach. In those I keep simming (before saving) to get a loss since I want the outcome to be what I actually had.

So whether you play or sim is mainly a personal desire and primarily affects how fast you proceed through the season and how well you get to know your players.

I think there MAY be a slight advantage for your team when you play it out. If you DEEPLY analyze your opponent, you MAY be able to do things defensively that improve your chances of winning. And a specific example: if you're behind by a small amount at the end of the game and have to intentionally foul, you can slow the speed of the game way down and wait until your opponent's player who is a poor shooter gets the ball and foul that guy. This is something you might do in real life...but of course, the in DDSCB the AI isn't able to turn the tables when your opponent is behind and they're intentionally fouling, so I guess doing that is somewhat unfair, but it can be a fun little challenge.
Last edited by PointGuard on Sun May 26, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:26 am

I was wondering if there is a notebook feature in the game (if there is, I can't find it). I thought I had a read somewhere one did exist.

I was wondering where you take notes to refer to while playing. If it is an outside notebook that is fine as well.

Thanks again,

Taz
blazertaz13

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 am

Immediately to the left of the coach's name at the top left of the screen, just above Conference name.
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion