new to CB19

Re: new to CB19

Postby blazertaz13 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Starting in earnest now as I incorporate the suggestions above. So far recruiting has been tough as I lost my top two recruits to what I think was a small school (I need to see who is really the smaller school). Next up, start practice and the preseason games. I will still need to get two more to accept scholarships, but I may have to hold one back for the spring.

I do appreciate the advice and will be coming back to ask as I get further into the game.
blazertaz13

Postby blazertaz13 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Okay, I have not been able to figure this one out.

A player keeps saying that I have been too hard on him and that we should talk. I go to give him a call, but I can't figure out how to actually get anything productive out it. I can suspend him, hint at being better, but nothing to talk about his actual concern. What am I missing?
blazertaz13

Postby PointGuard » Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 pm

blazertaz13 wrote:Okay, I have not been able to figure this one out.

A player keeps saying that I have been too hard on him and that we should talk. I go to give him a call, but I can't figure out how to actually get anything productive out it. I can suspend him, hint at being better, but nothing to talk about his actual concern. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. There are no ways to realistically deal with this problem in DDSCB. You can either just pick the action you think is most appropriate at the time or ignore it. Be aware though, watch what happens with his "coach relationship" if you repeatedly ignore him, it MAY go downhill (it does for some players and doesn't for others) and if it goes too far down, he may eventually transfer (of course, by then you may want him to transfer so you don't have to continue listening to his whining...lol).

I'm not sure if praising him occasionally during timeouts in a game may help reduce his complaints and/or improve a player's "coach relationship"...sort of doubt it, but I have no idea if Gary programmed praise to extend beyond the immediate game situation.

Oh! And some (hard-ass Wayne comes to mind :p ) just cut the sniveling player.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Actually, I have found after years of frustration with this, that on some rare occasions talking to the player helps. Call him and talk about Attitude. This remains my least favorite part of the game.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion