Declaring For Draft

Declaring For Draft

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:47 am

Just finished my 5th year. In the 4th year a freshman from Kansas won both player of the years as well as freshman of the year and stayed in college. Finished my 5th season and once again he got both awards and 1st team All American, got past the draft to find out he is staying in college for his Junior season. Massive fan of the game but this is just far too unrealistic
RGSchulzy16

Re: Declaring For Draft

Postby Tim Moungey » Wed May 15, 2019 1:18 pm

OTOH, you're talking about one player. Statistical outliers happen, both in simulations and in real life. I could see this happening - maybe this is a kid who wants his degree as a fallback option before going pro in case he gets hurt. Maybe he's simply enjoying college too much to want to go to pro yet.

If there were lots of players staying who should declare that don't, then it might be worth looking at. But one guy? Not an issue.

Or look at the flip side - guys who declare who shouldn't - Big Zim, Christian Wood, and Brandon McCoy are three examples just from UNLV that I can think of in recent years. In a sim world, people might complain that's unrealistic - there's no way they'll get drafted so they should stay in school. And yet, it happens.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Re: Declaring For Draft

Postby PointGuard » Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Agree with Tim.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion