2020 Version idea

Re: 2020 Version idea

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:10 pm

OK, adding those to the List to send to Gary.

So, since you didn't get CB2019 then the 1-100 ratings issue is with CB2018 and may or may not be an issue with CB2019?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Double Dribble » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:04 am

I saw in another thread somebody mentioned it as an issue still.

viewtopic.php?f=292&t=30641

If worse comes to worse, ill just go to a 1-10 scale.
Double Dribble

Postby PointGuard » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm

OK, thanks...it's on the list for Gary's review when he starts looking into CB2020.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Sorry to get off track on this post but I must comment that its interesting if you are the Practice Coach as a human player you can adjust the focus on free throws, rebounding, etc. of practice each week! I never knew this. May have to give it a try to see what is there. But I agree, the head coach should have some input on this or be able to see what the practice coach sets and send maybe an email that we need to work on rebounding next week or have a way to give input based on what you need against your upcoming opponents like rebounding.
But what intrigues me is that if you are the human head coach your Practice Coach must be making those decisions now on his own and you have no idea what he's doing or have any input to the process.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm sure some of these are already on your list or obvious. If so just ignore

1. Add Athleticism Rating to Player Card Bio (currently only seen on the Ratings screen)
2. When playing out a game the Players of the Half and the Player of the game pictures seem to be out of proportion on x-y scale slightly. (May be my eyes playing tricks)
3. Add referee responses to the play by play log or have them stay on screen longer. They flash by and its easy to miss many of them while watching whats happening on court. If they were added to Play by Play you could scroll back and see what was said by the coach and referee response. I am always curious what my opponents coach is doing.
4. Fouling beyond the 3 point line is too low of occurrences.
5. Add 20 game conference schedules, Big Ten, ACC, Atlantic Sun that I know of, could be more.
6. Add Merrimack to D1 (353 D1 teams now)
NCAAhoops

Postby alternativestats » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 am

As practice coach there are ten categories to choose from as focal points: Shooting, Free Throws, Ball Handling, Passing, Offense, Defense, Rebounding, Agility (This covers stealing and blocking), Conditioning, and Athleticism.

The default is 10% focus across the board. I assume that is what your AI practice coach uses.
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:56 am

Very interesting that the Practice Coach can control all that. I agree that HC should be able to control those...but if that capability is added for the HUMAN Head Coach, then the AI has to be smart enough to adjust those practice activities based on how each AI team is performing so the Human doesn't get a big advantage.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:58 am

All the above comments/suggestions have been added to the Suggestions List.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Phatman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:59 am

@ PG, To piggyback with what alternativestats wrote. Are you aware for CB 2020 if we would have the ability to train specific players in the off-season to get them closer to their individual potential, like PB 20? I know college has different rules about what can be done in the off-season with coaches but we also know certain players are dedicated to their craft, to try to get to the NBA sooner if they are not ready right away. That would be a great feature to add to the game but without making it a cheat code for the human players. Hopefully it can be implemented in a way that the AI is also using this feature.
Phatman

Postby adamj95 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm

1.) I would like to see more in-depth recruiting. Start recruiting players years in advance.
2.) I would also like to see the option to apply for a medical redshirt if a player gets injured and is out for the season.
3.) I also think it would be cool to have the option to apply for immediate eligibility for a transfer to play right away.
4.) Grad transfers should also be included.
5.) Record of Wins and Losses at home and away should be included in school info.
6.) Top 25 shouldn't fluctuate as much. I've been ranked #1 to start the season and lose my first game and end up dropping out of the rankings, or dropping out of the rankings because your team didn't play.
adamj95

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion