2020 Version idea

Re: 2020 Version idea

Postby alternativestats » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:15 am

adamj95 wrote:1.) I would like to see more in-depth recruiting. Start recruiting players years in advance.

The model for this, I think, is 2K sports. In that game you could watch tape of high school Freshman and Sophmores, and as Juniors you could add them to your call list. I think that at least adding juniors in that way would be great. It gives small programs a chance to build interest in talent that otherwise wouldn't be interested.
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:25 am

Phatman wrote:@ PG, To piggyback with what alternativestats wrote. Are you aware for CB 2020 if we would have the ability to train specific players in the off-season to get them closer to their individual potential, like PB 20? I know college has different rules about what can be done in the off-season with coaches but we also know certain players are dedicated to their craft, to try to get to the NBA sooner if they are not ready right away. That would be a great feature to add to the game but without making it a cheat code for the human players. Hopefully it can be implemented in a way that the AI is also using this feature.

At this point I have no idea what Gary may look at for CB2020. Right now I think he's pretty busy with PB2020 so can't begin doing anything with DDSCB for a while.

I'll pass along your idea...again my opinion is that if it's to be added, that the AI ha to be doing it as well.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 am

adamj95 wrote:1.) I would like to see more in-depth recruiting. Start recruiting players years in advance.
2.) I would also like to see the option to apply for a medical redshirt if a player gets injured and is out for the season.
3.) I also think it would be cool to have the option to apply for immediate eligibility for a transfer to play right away.
4.) Grad transfers should also be included.
5.) Record of Wins and Losses at home and away should be included in school info.
6.) Top 25 shouldn't fluctuate as much. I've been ranked #1 to start the season and lose my first game and end up dropping out of the rankings, or dropping out of the rankings because your team didn't play.

Added these to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby adamj95 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:45 pm

In my Association, My conference rival was banned from the postseason for illegal recruiting and unable to advance to the NCAA tournament but they were still able to participate in the conference tournament and stop some teams from making the NCAA tournament and won the conference tournament. Shouldn't they be banned from the conference tournament as well?

Also, not sure if it's possible, but when teams are playing in the tournament, I'm pretty sure games after the first two rounds should be neutral so there shouldn't be an away or a home team and if there is a home and away team, the home team shouldn't be given an advantage.
adamj95

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion