Please help! totally lost about why my game looks different!

Please help! totally lost about why my game looks different!

Postby confusedbasketball » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Hey basketball people, I love the sport and wanted an in depth sim, so I did some research and decided to get this one! unfortunately for some reason my game is blurry and buggy, and altogether looks different from the game I saw both in Decathlon Gamer's youtube and from the video used to advertise CB19 on Wolverine's websites. My main issues are the resolution and the missing notification center and top 25 which are present in the video. I am sure that I messed something up in this process because I wasn't able to find anyone else with similar issues. So main questions: are the top 25 and notification center options that have to be turned on somewhere, and how do I increase the resolution of the game? I looked in the in game settings for both.
On trying to get the game to launch this afternoon, it crashed on attempting to create a new league (for a comparison screenshot). Can anybody help? I have deleted and reinstalled multiple times trying to fix these problems.
Images --> https://imgur.com/a/ZCJEDWC
confusedbasketball

Re: Please help! totally lost about why my game looks differ

Postby damoore46 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:34 pm

What is the screen resolution of your computer? What Windows version are you running? As far as I know, the game requires a minimum resolution of 1280 x 768 minimum.

From https://www.wolverinestudios.com/draft-day-sports-college-basketball-simulation/:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows PC Only
1280 x 768 minimum display resolution required
128MB RAM minimum
250MB Hard Drive space minimum

David
damoore46

Postby confusedbasketball » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:02 pm

1920x1080, Windows 10, 16G RAM, 512G hard drive.

edit: i also submitted a help ticket
confusedbasketball

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Good that you sent in a help ticket.

One additional thing you might check though:

Go to SETTINGS on your computer and open the DISPLAY window and make sure that for "Scale and Layout", your "size of text, apps, and other items" is set to 100% rather than the recommended 150%.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby confusedbasketball » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:47 pm

that did it PointGuard, it looks 100x better and has the two side columns now! I saw this in the FAQ but it said to do it through control center and I guess I'm not the brightest when it comes to figuring out backwards compatibility... thank you so much, and if any devs read the forums maybe it would be a good move to clarify for Luddites that in Windows 10 the setting area's changed.
confusedbasketball

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Cool! Glad you've now got it up and running correctly. Enjoy! And keep posting here.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion