Practice/Strategy Question

Practice/Strategy Question

Postby alternativestats » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:39 pm

I have seen several people talking about shifting strategies based on the upcoming opponents and it brought question to mind.

When I have an upcoming opponent that uses a zone defense primarily, do I just shift my practice plan after the previous opponent or do I have to plan the change out before the weekly run practice update in order to benefit from the additional focus?

In other words, does practice actually matter daily and then just update weekly or does everything need to be planned out at least seven days in advance for that week?
alternativestats

Re: Practice/Strategy Question

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 pm

The weekly activities (recruiting/practice) are run on each Saturday. So on Sunday I look at the new scouting reports for the FOLLOWING week (not the week starting that Sunday but the NEXT week) and adjust my practice plan so that on the next Saturday the practice sessions will have focused on the opponents that will played the week after that Saturday. (that's a confusing explanation, but hope you understand)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion