How does prestige work?

How does prestige work?

Postby plumdog249 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:23 am

So I've been head coach of the Saint Joseph Hawks for the past 4 years as they have great facilities and good academics for such a low prestige college (they start off around 46). I had a couple of good seasons and raised the prestige of the college to about 53 and then one bad season which saw it drop back down to 48.

it's got my wondering what actually goes into deciding if you gain prestige or lose it. Is it just strictly based off how good of a season you have? is any of it based off the recruits you bring in? One season i got the #58 ranked recruit nationally but i'm unsure if that had anything to do with my prestige going up.

is their anything i can be doing to help me gain better prestige that I'm missing?
plumdog249

Re: How does prestige work?

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:51 am

1. Did you meet the goals set by your A. D. for the season?
2. Did you go farther or less far in the post season than expected.
3. How did the rest of your conference do? If the conference performed poorly in interconference play and in the post season that can hurt you.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby plumdog249 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 am

Wayne23 wrote:1. Did you meet the goals set by your A. D. for the season?
2. Did you go farther or less far in the post season than expected.
3. How did the rest of your conference do? If the conference performed poorly in interconference play and in the post season that can hurt you.

Is hitting your goals what mainly accounts towards your prestige? that makes a lot of sense. I'm usually hitting most of my goals over the last couple of seasons. they always ask me to qualify for a specific tournament which i do but then get first rounded. I had a bad one this year though as my golden boy graduated. number 3 is a scary thought though that i may lose prestige just because my conference had a bad season.

i guess i'll just keep aiming for those goals set and hope its enough to get my prestige up
plumdog249

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:43 am

Here's a comment from Gary in a post a while back about how prestige changes:

"Prestige is only changed after the season and based on what you achieve overall - ie total number of wins, conference championships, what postseason tournament you made, how far you got in the big tournament...and it is measured both as a portion of how good you have been over time and with a recency bias factor based on what you did last season."
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby plumdog249 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:49 am

Excellent, thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated :)
plumdog249

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion