Job Hiring

Job Hiring

Postby adamj95 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:05 am

I just finished a season coaching Akron and I've been wanting to coach a power 5 school. I have multiple schools interested in me as a head coach but it seems no matter what, every power 5 school that is interested in me as a head coach won't hire me. Why is that? The school I want to coach at (Louisiana State) has a prestige of 54 and I have been a head coach for 7 years now and I have a reputation of excellent and a .767 winning percentage. Is there a trick to get a school to hire you? Is there a way to assign myself as a coach for a certain team that fired their head coach?
adamj95

Re: Job Hiring

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 pm

What's your Reputation rating? It needs to be pretty high for the elite schools to be interested.

You can set your "dream school" but that's not a guarantee that they'll hire you.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby adamj95 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm

My reputation is 91. Does it need to be 100 for them to be interested in me?
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 am

I'm really not understanding your issue completely. If you have such a high reputation (91), then there should be at least a few high prestige schools who show up as having jobs available that you qualify for on April 9 (coach hiring period)...and you should be able to select the one you want and get it.

With respect to LSU, if their head coach is hanging in there (not fired or retired or moving on to a different school), then it won't show up as having a head coaching position available on April 9...you'll just have to wait until their coach leaves. If the LSU head coaching job DOES show up on the April 9 list for you, then you should be able to select it and be hired.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 pm

91 should get you an elite school. Maybe not the first year, but definitely within the first two.
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion