Another change for 2020 season

Another change for 2020 season

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 am

I'm not trying to start a what do you want to see in the next version as I believe Pointguard keeps a running list to forward. But after seeing the work done on the NBA version this week made me think about the College game.

Starting the 2019-2020 season the Sun Belt Conference will play 20 conference games. Currently 18 is the most the games can be set for conference games (I'm working on 2019-2020 season start). I believe Gary posted he was going to do some work on the Schedule maker due to D1 adding more teams raising 352 teams to 353 & I think more next year (at least Merrimack to the NEC this year) maybe this could be squeezed in as well? I know its not easy as I would think producing a schedule by the game is most likely one of the hardest elements to code.

But I would also like to see a way to edit the in seasons tournaments (not the end of year tournament as those are editable now). On the in season tournament I would like to see number of teams in the tournament editable and start date of the tournament for the scheduler (we can edit names, logos and courts now so that's good). Maybe add a few more in season tournaments as there are many more now and set them so that only lower prestige schools could be invited to help with adding more games to their schedule as I have seen this pop up here before as well. Maybe give a tournament a editable prestige rating so the game picks the teams based on that so a low prestige tournament will put teams in with low prestige as well. I feel like there is a rating for that now that's in there already but not editable. There again this is just a wish. :)
NCAAhoops

Re: Another change for 2020 season

Postby PointGuard » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Added these to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Would love to get to a point where the conferences changes and team adds could be implemented, but understand that I am sure is a difficult task. Upcoming we are going to have some changes over the next two years even after this year. Would be nice to keep up with these in dynasty without having to start new dynasties.

One thing on the coaches lineage, you can pull by team or by coach. With a list of 352 coaches, it would be nice if there was some form of sorting (alphabetically by last name) so you could easily find without hunting.

On the topic of coaches, I have noticed a lot of movement in the first couple of years in a dynasty. The issue I have is I see a lot of long tiered head coaches at good schools (have 300-400 wins) get fired, then other small mid majors are hiring them as 2nd and 3rd assistants. Would love to see that tweaked.
WarEagle13

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:11 pm

One other quick thought on recruiting. Costs should be more determined from distance of high school to distance of university rather than out of state.

Example while coaching Charleston....I recruited a kid out of Spartanburg, SC and one out of Savannah, GA. The Savannah kid costs a lot more even though the mileage distance was much less (1/2 miles as the Spartanburg kid)
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Added those suggestions to the "list".
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:35 pm

If you used the Full College Mod to start your association then the coaches movement may have been a result of an early version of the mod. I had noticed this as well and posted about the issue here. Then Gary responded with advice on the ratings to correct the issue and it was definitely implemented in version 2.0 of the mod and I think maybe even in version 1.1 may have had that fixed as well. Previous versions had the issue as far as I remember.
If your using version 2.0 let me know and I'll look into it some more as I did a complete overhaul of the coaches database in that version and I believed that version should have resolved the issue best.
Of course some coaches are setup up to be fired if it happened in real life in 2018-19 in v2.
NCAAhoops

Postby WarEagle13 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:29 am

NCAAhoops wrote:If you used the Full College Mod to start your association then the coaches movement may have been a result of an early version of the mod. I had noticed this as well and posted about the issue here. Then Gary responded with advice on the ratings to correct the issue and it was definitely implemented in version 2.0 of the mod and I think maybe even in version 1.1 may have had that fixed as well. Previous versions had the issue as far as I remember.
If your using version 2.0 let me know and I'll look into it some more as I did a complete overhaul of the coaches database in that version and I believed that version should have resolved the issue best.
Of course some coaches are setup up to be fired if it happened in real life in 2018-19 in v2.

Thanks for the reply and info....I checked and had 1.1

I have downloaded 2.0 and installed....will give it a go. Thanks again for your hard work on this. Really appreciate what you guys do to make this great game even better.
WarEagle13

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion