Offensive sets

Offensive sets

Postby markprior22 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Curious about what others do. Do you pick 2-3 sets and allocate more practice time to them (none to the others) or do you try to have your players practice all sets?
markprior22

Re: Offensive sets

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:39 am

markprior22 wrote:Curious about what others do. Do you pick 2-3 sets and allocate more practice time to them (none to the others) or do you try to have your players practice all sets?

2 at the most for me
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:05 am

I usually employ 3 offensive sets, 2 defensive strategies (m-2-m and one zone), and one full court defense...and then practice each of those (plus also practicing the offenses for the zone defenses used against my team). I don't practice sets/strategies that my team isn't using (unless I'm preparing to switch to one in the near future and want my players to get familiar with it).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm similar to pointGuard.

2 main offensive sets, I only practice or run a 3rd set if I'm preparing to change one of my offenses sets and I typically add the 3rd sometime in Feb or March if my team is already non competitive or incoming recruits make me think its worth it. Then I crank that 3 set up looking towards next year.

I practice all 3 zone offenses.

2 Defenses, Man to Man and usually 2-3 or 1-2-2 zone based on my defense weakness (2-3 if weak inside, 1-2-2 if weak outside).

1 Fullcourt Press, usually man but I don't practice it a lot as I hope I'm not behind at the end of games to need it much. This I change most often as my players are never well versed in a style as I don't practice it much and I change based on my talent level each year.
NCAAhoops

Postby markprior22 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Pretty much falls in line with how I've been doing it. Much appreciated.
markprior22

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion