Transfer Recruiting Tips Needed

Transfer Recruiting Tips Needed

Postby ZorbaGarp » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:36 pm

I've always passed quickly over transfers, but I find myself coming out of Year 1 in a rebuilding situation at IU and I have a handful of scholarships still left. I have a very nice freshman class coming in, but would love to snag a grad transfer PG and SF. If one is out there, is there any real strategy to deploy?
ZorbaGarp

Re: Transfer Recruiting Tips Needed

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Build a list of players you want to check out by:
1. check the transfer notice in the media area to see if you may want to focus on any of their top 10.
2. click on OVERALL header to see which transfer players you already have some basic info on
3. click on INTEREST header to see which transfer players are already interested in your school
4. click on PPG, RPG, and APG headers to see which transfer players had pretty good stats based on the MPG
5. click on COLLEGE header to see which players came from top rated schools
6. if you are focusing on a specific position, click on POSITION header and go through the players available at that position
Then:
7. for the players you are interested in, look at the colleges they are interested in to see who you may be competing with
8. review the player cards for the players you may be interested in for pertinent info (e.g. GPA, personality, what their ranking was when they were recruited, ratings, skills, potential, development level for the offensive/defensive sets you run, etc)
9. CONTACT up to 10 players each transfer period to get more info on them and begin to build their interest in your school
10. make an OFFER each transfer period to player(s) you want to offer scholarship(s) to (the good ones will go fast)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:34 am

I've had some luck getting the occasional transfer who really helps my program. Point Guard's tips are the best way to go about it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ZorbaGarp » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:17 am

Great info! Thanks!
ZorbaGarp

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion