Ratings

Ratings

Postby BWest246 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello Everyone!

I had a quick question about the ratings system. How exactly do you look at ratings and judge what a player is good at? I have my ratings set 1-100 but a majority of my players don’t have ratings above 55 or 60. Even some of my better players have low ratings, so I am confused what is considered a good, bad, excellent, or terrible rating. In my mind, I consider 70 to be average, 80 to be good, and 90 or above as great. But this game doesn’t seem to follow that premise. Any tips on how to read the ratings?
BWest246

Re: Ratings

Postby PointGuard » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:15 am

Ratings are not absolutes. They are opinions...the opinions of your coach and his staff based on what info/observations they have about a player (which may be limited) and are subject to the errors of your coach and his staff. The better and more experienced a coach is, the more accurate his rating tends to be. The more they have seen and been associated with a player, the more accurate the ratings tend to be.

Rather than look at ratings as grades, I look at them as approximations. I tend to compare ratings of one player vs another rather than expect that a player has to have a specific rating to be considered great, good, average, not so good, or poor.

Not sure if what I've said will help you, but that's my take on ratings and how i view and make use of them.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:07 pm

PointGuard wrote:Ratings are not absolutes. They are opinions...the opinions of your coach and his staff based on what info/observations they have about a player (which may be limited) and are subject to the errors of your coach and his staff. The better and more experienced a coach is, the more accurate his rating tends to be. The more they have seen and been associated with a player, the more accurate the ratings tend to be.

Rather than look at ratings as grades, I look at them as approximations. I tend to compare ratings of one player vs another rather than expect that a player has to have a specific rating to be considered great, good, average, not so good, or poor.

Not sure if what I've said will help you, but that's my take on ratings and how i view and make use of them.

It's not a coach scouting error thing it's a scale thing. Gary alluded to this in old thread sometime back. What the OP is referring to doesn't just apply to his team. It's all the teams and all the players if you use the 1-100 rating system. What i mean by this is you'll be hard pressed to see 4-star and even 5-star rated players with ratings over 60 in categories like Scoring, Rebounding, Steals, etc. Inside and Outside Shooting you'll see high ratings (70+). These same 4-star and 5-star All-American players on the 1-10 scale will have 8's, 9's, and 10's on those same ratings. So it's a scale thing. The 1-100 seems to be "stretched out" in some weird way for whatever reason.
C-Bailey24

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 am

I've always liked the 1-10 scale better.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Yeah, I always use the 1-10 system so I see 8's, 9's and 10's.

If a player who's got a 9 in the 1-10 system is getting a 50 or 60 in the 1-100 system, I'd suggest you create a Support Ticket with the specifics so Gary can take a look at this for CB2020 since it seems like he should be getting an 85-94 in the 1-100 system.

Anyway, I'll add it to the suggestions list for CB2020 as well.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion