Screwed up my financials

Screwed up my financials

Postby markprior22 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:24 pm

I don't know how I let this happen, but I did. I overpaid for a couple assistant coaches and am now quite a bit over budget with staff alone (over 35K in the hole). This is a single player league that I've been playing for quite a while and hate to see it hosed. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I don't want to cheat and edit salaries of the staff (even if this is possible) because they are better coaches than what I had previously. I would be happy just to replace them with less expensive coaches that aren't as good just to get above ground. Otherwise, at the very least, I won't have any recruiting budget for the next few years. Any ideas?
markprior22

Re: Screwed up my financials

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Yeah, you probably can go into the database and edit the salaries, but I agree that isn't really playing fair. I didn't know the game would let you spend more money than is in your budget for assistant coaches (you probably should send Gary a note via Support on the Wolverine home page to let him know this needs to be fixed for CB2020).

Anyway, what you've done is hire coaches that are better than what your school should have.

I assume you don't have a SAVE of your association that was BEFORE the hiring of the coaches (if you do, then just go back to that and hire coaches that you can afford and still have a recruiting budget...that is, do sort of a DDSCB "mulligan"). But if you don't have such a save, then if it were me, I'd play out the present season (my penalty being I wouldn't be able to recruit any new players this present season). Then at the end of the season, I'd fire one or more of the assistants so that its possible to hire new ones at lower salaries that allows the re-establishment of a recruiting budget so there can be recruiting NEXT season. And when the NEXT season begins (and the new budget has been set), go after a transfer player or two and then recruit to fill the remainder of the available scholarships. That shouldn't really affect your team/association much and you're back to regular play.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby markprior22 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks. I do back up regularly but don't keep different stages of saves. Unfortunately, I'm not able to continue. When I get to screen to make travel plans, I get a message saying I can't spend more than my budget allows (even though I didn't select to attend any of the camps). I click ok and game crashes. Sucks but I did it to myself. Will just wait for '20 and start again.
markprior22

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Too bad. CB20 will likely be a while in coming...usually Feb/Mar. To keep your association going, maybe try going to the data base and increase your budget enough to get you over the travel problem (an really old alum gives a one-time contribution...lol). Then at the end of the year you can go back and drop it back to what it's supposed to be (that alum died so no more extra $$$).

Or set up a new association that is totally different that what you usually do and run it a while to see how you like it. Or...run a bunch of 16, 32 or 64 game tourneys using Tournament Maker.

Please let Gary know what you did and that the game let you do it and then crashes during the travel phase. That way, he can try to fix that for CB20.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby markprior22 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:47 pm

I created a ticket for the issue.
markprior22

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion