Adding Teams to Conferences

Adding Teams to Conferences

Postby RedHawk24 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm trying to add teams to a conference (not swap them), yet using the association's .mdb file doesn't make the changes I request. It says the association has been updated, but there are no changes. Under the Commissioner's Office tab, there is not an option to simply add a team. Two teams must be swapped.

I'm looking to increase the America East Conference from 9 teams to 12 teams, with the conference tournament being increased to 10 teams. The association always moves Vermont to the Big East when I allow the association to move teams based on merit. I want teams to go to the America East.

I had a more detailed post explaining everything in more detail, but my browser decided to fail me and delete everything. Feel free to ask me anything or give me suggestions.
RedHawk24

Re: Adding Teams to Conferences

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 pm

I don't believe you can add more teams than the present total in the game. But I'll leave it up to others more knowledgeable about that than me to respond more fully.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby RedHawk24 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 pm

PointGuard wrote:I don't believe you can add more teams than the present total in the game. But I'll leave it up to others more knowledgeable about that than me to respond more fully.

Yeah, it's weird because Vermont is added to the Big East and its tournament size is increased by one. It would definitely be a cool feature in 2020 to have the ability to make those changes. I figured the answer was no (I consider myself to have a good understanding of things) but I'm glad you gave a reliable answer.
RedHawk24

Postby PointGuard » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:52 am

Hopefully NCAAhoops will see this and reply. He is the resident expert since he's done the primary mods and so much work on the database.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Sorry been out of town a few weeks and just returned.

The game is limited to 352 teams, you can't add more teams. But you could take a team you don't care about in another conference and change them as wished then put them in that conference. (if I understand correctly)
Are you wanting to create totally new teams to put into the conference or move certain existing teams into that conference?
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion