Home Team Momentum Question

Home Team Momentum Question

Postby ZorbaGarp » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:26 am

Now coaching a sim where I got hired by IU after a stint at Montana. I've been shocked by the low level of home court momentum advantage I get at Assembly Hall, with the bar never going beyond a third high. I've been to Assembly Hall and there are few places tougher to play. Yet Iowa gets a full bar of momentum and IU rarely gets to a third. Anyone know what's up and whether that can evolve over time in a dynasty?
ZorbaGarp

Re: Home Team Momentum Question

Postby PointGuard » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm

I don't know anything about the interworkings regarding the extent of momentum for home teams or how it has been set up within the program.

All I have personally noted is that, in general, momentum at home for high prestige programs increases faster and to a much higher degree than for low prestige programs and that when facilities are improved significantly that it helps with home momentum a little. As to whether momentum has been realistically set up for individual home sites, I think you'd have to let Gary know of situations that you feel need tweaking.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ZorbaGarp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 pm

Here's a weird momentum thing that just happened. I'm winning by 38 points at home in the second half and the other team has momentum. Stayed that way for a lot of the half even though I ended up winning by 40. Odd.
ZorbaGarp

Postby CoachC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:21 pm

ZorbaGarp wrote:Now coaching a sim where I got hired by IU after a stint at Montana. I've been shocked by the low level of home court momentum advantage I get at Assembly Hall, with the bar never going beyond a third high. I've been to Assembly Hall and there are few places tougher to play. Yet Iowa gets a full bar of momentum and IU rarely gets to a third. Anyone know what's up and whether that can evolve over time in a dynasty?

Rate of momentum swing is directly related to your home court's facilities rating. One of the things you can ask for from the board at the end of the year. Be warned though the board doesn't grant that request very often...usually just often enough to maintain the status quo because facilities degrade over time. If you have plenty of money in your budget though, and are in no danger of being fired, you might as well ask for it every year and hope. Better facilities gain momentum from the crowd faster and you start the game off with more momentum as well. Even a jump of half a grade in facilities makes a big difference.

Bear in mind, too, that steals, breakaways, slam dunks, and 3 pointers are the things that really get a joint jumping! Teams that excel at those things will see a lot of blue in the momentum bar!
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion