Please fix "Maryland - Baltimore", it should be UMBC

Please fix "Maryland - Baltimore", it should be UMBC

Postby kgor93 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:34 pm

University of Maryland, Baltimore County alum here. Devs please fix the name. It's not Maryland - Baltimore. University of Maryland Baltimore is another school. It's UMBC.

Also they have a new arena. It's called the "UMBC event center" and has 6000 seats.

So it should be as follows
School name: UMBC OR Maryland - Baltimore County
Abbreviation: UMBC
Arena: UMBC Event Center
Seats: 6000
kgor93

Re: Please fix "Maryland - Baltimore", it should be UMBC

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Added to Suggestions List for CB2020.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Please fix "Maryland - Baltimore", it should be UMBC

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:57 pm

I would guess your getting that from the Full College Mod as they are named Maryland-Baltimore in the mod because if I add County to the name it is too long to use without visual issues (as DDSCB default is just Baltimore).
I try not to use abbreviations for team names otherwise most teams end up starting with the letter U in the name although I do use a couple. The naming convention I use for all teams comes from the "Sports Reference" Website and their listed name for UMBC is Maryland-Baltimore County which keeps things consistent for me when updating stats.

You can change this yourself in your association by going to UMBC and click the "School Info" towards the bottom left of the screen. Click the Edit/Save to make any changes you wish and save to keep your changes.

I have updated the Arena information in the mod for the next release to UMBC Event Center. I did some research and the seating for Basketball is actually 4,586. First basketball game there February 3rd 2018.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion