Suggestions for DDSCB2020

Suggestions for DDSCB2020

Postby PointGuard » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 am

If you have any suggestions for additions/changes/improvements for DDSCB2020, add them here as soon as you can.

I believe I've incorporated all suggestions made in the forums previously for CB2020, so no need to resubmit any of those.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Suggestions for DDSCB2020

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Not the top of my list as I know just getting the game over to the new programming platform is a large task I'm sure.
But someday I would like to see while your playing either 2D or Game Cast mode there would be a way to let the CPU take over and coach your team. Maybe during the game under Game Options you could toggle Human/CPU control with the ability to take back over at anytime by toggling it back. So then the CPU would coach the team with your ratings style but with it making decisions and substitutions. I say this as I played another game that allows this and it comes in handy for two reasons.
1. Blow out when you can't seem to do anything to help you could allow the CPU to take over and either watch, speed the game up to end the misery without having to coach, and/or jump back in later if the the CPU coach gets you back into the game.
2. Run some exhibitions doing this and see how another coach uses with your team, players and strategy. It might be good way for new players to learn basketball and how to use their team and even the more experienced players that just isn't sure what to do with the poor class you just recruited. :confused:
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Few more:
1. When playing a game the player picture that comes up after a basket should stay up a little longer, maybe a setting for how long it displays.
2. Show player pic of whom ever has ball currently on screen during the game.
3. Work coaches pictures on game play screen for the two teams may if that team calls time out his picture shows up, also at Half time show with some statement about the game, in scouting reports with years at school, lifetime stats type display. maybe if he's on the hot seat due to performance, recruiting class rank for that year. Just a little more immersion of the coaches data that is already in the game, just needs displayed.
4. In recruiting screen have a filter to show only Players to whom you have offered scholarships.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 am

Nice start...I'll collect whatever comes up thru this coming weekend (12/15/19) and add those to what I've already sent to Gary.

Re: "end the misery"...HEY! You're the coach of the crummy team...you gotta ENDURE! :p

Re: "show player pic of whoever has the ball"...I guess that means I gotta quit playing at speed of 9, huh? The blur factor may be hazardous to my health. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:10 am

Recruiting page: have filter to show JC players only...for when you just HAVE TO HAVE a JC player (with more experience than a HS player) who can step in and be a likely starter at a particular weak position the next season.

Recruiting Watch/Call lists: Sure would be nice to have both US and international recruits who you have on your lists show up on the SAME list.

Recruiting: Some new comments about and responses from recruits and their parents.

Recruiting: Does the pipeline state component of the game still work?

Transfer Season: Some feedback from transfer players you contact.

Player issues: More (and a greater variety) of issues arising and more ways to try to address those (with varying degrees of success/failure that affect how a player performs, relates to you and others, is unavailable to play for a period of time, etc) since in reality this is a big part of college coaching. Maybe have a way to scale the degree (e.g. low, medium, high) to which a gameplayer wants this to be a part of and affect the game (similar to the scaling done for recruiting level).

Game play: A higher percentage of close (nailbiter) games than now occurs in DDSCB. I think there are too many 10-20 point wins and too few 1-5 point wins.

AI: Continue to make the game's AI "smarter", strengthening it to make it more difficult to easily become a highly successful coach (again with a scale to allow gameplayers to determine how easy/difficult they want the challenge to be).
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby alternativestats » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:14 am

NCAAhoops wrote:Not the top of my list as I know just getting the game over to the new programming platform is a large task I'm sure.
But someday I would like to see while your playing either 2D or Game Cast mode there would be a way to let the CPU take over and coach your team. Maybe during the game under Game Options you could toggle Human/CPU control with the ability to take back over at anytime by toggling it back. So then the CPU would coach the team with your ratings style but with it making decisions and substitutions. I say this as I played another game that allows this and it comes in handy for two reasons.
1. Blow out when you can't seem to do anything to help you could allow the CPU to take over and either watch, speed the game up to end the misery without having to coach, and/or jump back in later if the the CPU coach gets you back into the game.

I don't know about Gamecast but in the 2D version of games this already exists. One of the options allows for auto substitutions. This basically is what you are asking for, you just click it on/off as you see fit.
alternativestats

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:08 pm

yes I've used that but the only thing it does is substitute players, never makes any other changes in how the team plays like maybe increasing the pace or slowing down the pace or changing offensive focus say from balanced to inside. All of the things I do as a coach based on the other teams weakness the Auto Sub does not seem to do the other things that maybe a CPU coach would or should do, you still have to do those things.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Yes never thought about those who play as fast speed. I play at 7 normally, so I can see that would open a can of worms for those that can speed read at 10 speed. :D
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:Yes never thought about those who play as fast speed. I play at 7 normally, so I can see that would open a can of worms for those that can speed read at 10 speed. :D

Actually I like playing at 7 or 8, but just most often run at 9.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned but similar to the injury factor percentage. However, one for underclassman staying or leaving college. Obviously 100% is the (normal rate), but 0% means majority of players stay all 4 years, while 200% you see players plenty of roster movement. I hope this is possible, given the real life swing where over 40 underclassman left that weren't drafted
RGSchulzy16

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion