Suggestions for DDSCB2020

Re: Suggestions for DDSCB2020

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Orsalak wrote:
NCAAhoops wrote:...just getting the game over to the new programming platform is a large task I'm sure...

What the new programming platform?

gary mentioned the name in another forum.... Alchemium Unlimited platform

same as the new pro basketball
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby JHopkins19 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:00 am

I have an idea for transfers. I think it would be great to be able to invest a portion of your allocated recruiting budget for the upcoming year to attempt to retain transfers with a pitch similar to pitching recruits.

Here is an example. I have been running Univ of South Florida for 5-6 seasons after starting at Florida Gulf for my first two. I ratcheted up the recruiting difficulty so it has been a slog...which is good! I finally started getting some momentum with a couple good seasons in a row with tourney appearances centered around a couple behemoths down low. I had 2 PF recruits who did not play much their freshman or sophomore seasons (and they had playing time as a low priority) and were slated to be either start or be a 6th man and get significant minutes their junior and senior years. This is how it should go at a sub 40 prestige school in a mid major conference. Instead, both guys demand to transfer and now I’m in a really tough spot for my follow up season.

I’d argue those players probably wouldn’t transfer in real life as they’d see the playing time coming their way, but in this instance, I would have jumped at investing recruiting budget into attempting to convince them to stay. It shouldn’t be guaranteed and should cost more the worse the relationship is with the coach or teammates.

Thanks for considering!
JHopkins19

Postby fabfries » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:53 am

Minor thing here - for conference tournaments, I’d like to have the option for the tournament to be a 2-team playoff (so just a championship game). I know all sorts of types are offered - 4 team, 6 team w/ 2 byes, etc but I’d like for there to be a single title game.

Second, I would like to see an option where you can see the true overall ratings of all players in the game on the 1.0-5.0 rating (add it as a feature in commissioner mode, perhaps?). I know I can right click on players in commissioner mode, but those ratings are on a scale of 1-100 and confuse me since I use 1-10.

Another is an option to make players eligible to declare after a certain # of years. I would like the option to force players to stay for at least 2 years before declaring instead of 1 or 4 that the game offers. And maybe be able to customize how often great players leave on a scale of 1-10 (1 meaning only the top 5ish underclassmen leave, 10 meaning any underclassmen who think they have a shot at getting drafted will leave).

Really like the game and the customization options. Played for a few years and the format change this last year was great. Also, personally wouldn’t mind leaving the # of in-game teams at the same # of 352. The stuff I suggested hopefully is pretty easy to include in the next version, I think.. haha
fabfries

Postby alternativestats » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:51 am

Might be too late for 2020 but I have a suggestion on the recruiting side. Is there a way to add the recruiting by actual distance (college football does this) into the basketball game? I have started at Southern Illinois - Edwardsville which is almost a St. Louis subdivision but because it's a different state, I can recruit Chicago players (an extra 250 miles away) for less.

Another example that I am familiar with is Memphis, which includes Arkansas and Mississippi in it's metro area.
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:11 pm

I checked with Gary and he said that for now he has more than enough suggestions for the CG2020 game he's begun work upon. So I've not passed along the last 3 suggestions. Hold on to them so you can re-submit them later (maybe for inclusion for CB2020 once testing has started or more likely for CB2021).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby JHopkins19 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Adding in another idea just so I don't forget (I saw the post above). It would be really cool to have an "all freshman team" in the awards section. Maybe even a 3rd team as well. Conferences now have 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams.
JHopkins19

Postby JHopkins19 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Another one! The transfer screen should have the same filters as the recruiting screen. I should be able to eliminate the sub 2.0 GPA's, etc.
JHopkins19

Postby 23Zone » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:06 am

Funny comment about the transfer 2.0 GPA.. in my DePaul game I noticed a transfer from Duke... Freshman former #9 recruit... 1.9 GPA... I took a chance on him and I was surprised he came to DePaul. 2 time national player of the year for me and I had only ever had 1 all American player in all of the time I have played the game with many middle prestige teams. I was shocked he didn’t go pro early. I just kept bugging him about his studying and he stayed eligible. It was a kind of a fluke from what I can see because I have tried since similar things and they rarely work. But you may not want to write off all under 2.0 guys. :)
23Zone

Postby adamj95 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:09 am

May be a bit too late but it would be nice to see on the school info page a list of streaks at your current school, such as all time winning streaks, home winning streaks, road win streaks, etc.
adamj95

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion