Game freezing at creating walkons

Game freezing at creating walkons

Postby steve3141 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:37 am

So here's my scoop... I was actually playing the 2018 version, and by the end of a season I had gotten annoyed at this one walk-on player always showing up in my team incident report. So, I decided to waive him. (Hey, it seemed the best for all parties involved :) ). Then I was going thru the off-season stages (Hiring coaches, Transfers, etc), and after the 6th and final transfer session the next phase is "creating walkons". And it just locks up here. I've let my PC stay here for over a couple hours, and no movement.

To try something, I went and head and got the 2019 version(Happy to Support!), and was able to successfully import my 2018 league. But when I try and advance it locks up at the exact same point. So doesn't look like that will be my fix.

I'm only assuming it's because I waived a walk-on that it's freezing at the creating walk-on stage as something confused it, but it may be purely coincidental. Also of note, when I go to export database now it gives me an error of "Unhandled exception occurred: Field "Teams.State cannot be a zero-length string". Although it actually does export the database to my files.

So I don't know if anyone has any suggestions? I could try and modify the database and put that walk-on back on my team, although I haven't modified the dB yet. (Do I really have to buy Access?)

Thanks!!
steve3141

Re: Game freezing at creating walkons

Postby steve3141 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Ok, Update...as I think I got this fixed playing around this morning.

I noticed upon viewing the database that my Team count was stopped at 55. Team 56 is "Georgetown", or West DC in the game. I had actually recently edited(Team name, nickname) them as I played them. I didn't even notice that the State they are in was listed as DC. But...I either blanked this out or it wouldn't let me find DC in the list. But it let me save them without a State. So the database error I listed above of Teams.State cannot be a zero length string was the issue I think. Once I went into Georgetown and gave them a state, it doesn't hang up at the create walkons anymore. So now I don't think it had anything to do with waiving a walk on.

Thanks!
steve3141

Postby DCinMO » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm

I am having this same difficulty. Can you walk me through how you fixed this. I did edit several team names, etc the previous season and did release a walk on. I went back through each of the edited teams and did not identify any obvious problems. How exactly do you view the database do find which team count it stops on ? Thank you in advance.
DCinMO

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Since this was posted in the CB2019 forum, just wanted to confirm you're playing with CB2019 and not CB2020?

At any rate, your best bet would be to send in a Support Ticket and your game files and within that Support Ticket explain what you modified.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion