recruiting question

recruiting question

Postby barques » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:38 pm

I just started playing the college basketball 2019 game. This is my first time with the basketball version. I am quite familiar with the football version, but this one seems much more in depth so far. Regardless my question is...during a specific cycle when it says I have so many watch films left and so many host recruits left is that left for the entire recruiting 'season' or just for the period I'm currently recruiting for? I know with the college football version you want to use all your recruiting and scouting points every cycle because they go away if they aren't used. Is it the same with this, or am I limited to say three visits the entire recruiting period? Also, is it better to throw the scholarship early or wait until you've started getting into them? Thanks for any help and sorry for rambling.
barques

Re: recruiting question

Postby PointGuard » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 am

Welcome to DDSCB.

The number of activities (watch film, scout live, host recruit, visit recruit) that are available EACH week of recruiting are as shown that week. For example, it will say there are 10 available for "watch film"...you can use from 0-10 THAT week...as you use one the number that is shown to be available will be decreased for THAT week. If you don't use them THAT week, they are lost for THAT week. The next week there will be 10 more available to use (or not use as you see fit).

If you want to know which activities will be available each week, click on "Dates/Tournaments" on the left of the screen and you will see the recruiting calendar and there is a list of which activities will be available each week (based on the color of that week).

The same goes for phone calls to recruits...the amount of phone calls that can be made is renewed EACH week...the blue bar next to "call player" will be decreased as you call and based on how long you talk to a recruit.

No recruits will accept a scholarship until one or two weeks before September 11 (and then only a very few of the premier players). The rest will begin accepting offers on and after Sept. 11. Remember if you make a scholarship offer to a recruit and then decide you will withdraw it so you can offer it to someone else, the recruit you withdrew it from will be turned off and his level of interest will go completely away or at least be significantly lowered.

Enjoy the game...chime in here whenever you want and ask questions if you have them. Also, be aware there is a basic guide for the game available when you click on "HELP" and then click on the "BooK" icon.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion