calling a recruit

calling a recruit

Postby barques » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:02 am

This is my first recruiting season in the game. Is there a method that works when calling recruits? Should you ask pitch questions to see what response you get or would you be hurting yourself asking pitch questions if you don't know what an individual likes?
barques

Re: calling a recruit

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Call to push what you have to sell- Academics, prestige, local to the player...
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:48 am

When making phone calls to a recruit, I like to get as much info (and as much about his preferences across the board) as possible plus like to know about his parents. That way if and when I decide to visit a recruit in Sept/Oct or in the spring, I can know best which pitch areas to focus upon during that visit.

Calling and asking about low preference interest area will NOT hurt you...but when you get to the all important home visit, you'd best be pitching to things he or his parents have shown a high level of interest.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:36 pm

barques wrote:This is my first recruiting season in the game. Is there a method that works when calling recruits? Should you ask pitch questions to see what response you get or would you be hurting yourself asking pitch questions if you don't know what an individual likes?

asking pitch questions has no effect on a player's interest. You need to make sure that you have all the pitch information on all the recruits you intend to call on in September, so that you know what Pitches you have that you can offer. Hopefully your recruiting assistant is good enough to fill you in on as many of the parent's interests as well.
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion