Job Security

Re: Job Security

Postby MrHoncho » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:02 am

The mod I’m using is from NCAAHoops V2, with the coaches names, but not the stats, I’m pretty sure. If that helps anything.
MrHoncho

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:11 am

I've always used it, and I'm sure Pointguard has as well. I've never seen anything like that happen.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:04 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that mod wouldn't have caused it.

Take a look at the INFO page for St. Johns to see if for some reason they were put on probation and you just missed the notification. If they are on probation, there will be penalties lasting for 1-4 years (so it will still be showing) and it will show on the INFO page for St. Johns. If you were placed on probation, then that's the cause of the rapid job security drop and your firing. If you were placed on probation, you must have offered a bribe at some point, maybe inadvertently or mistakenly, and you got caught. THAT would seem to be the only explainable reason for what happened.

If it will help, you can always blame your asst recruiting coach who had very low integrity. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:45 am

I've seen in cb19 that investigations don't always lead to sanctions, however. They still might cause a drop in job security, though. I most definitely hadn't done anything sketchy when my name came up in the investigation of another school! The name of the recruit they were investigating allegations about sounded familiar though. I may have had a phone conversation with him once while recruiting.

And PG is right, Mr.Honco....never hire HIM as your recruiting coach!
CoachC

Postby MrHoncho » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:03 am

Hmm. I don’t think I’ve ever even been to the bribe page on the call options to do it inadvertently. I’m not even sure what it looks like, or what options are on there to select. I did hire a recruiting coach that had a substantially higher recruiting rating than anybody else I could hire, but had a really awful reputation. Does that actually happen where a low integrity assistant would offer a bribe, on their own? I’d be willing to bet that I have had phone conversations with recruits that do end up taking bribes. There are a lot of schools that end up on probation, so it feels like it would be a certainty, and I always throw the top guys from my region on my call list, just as a lottery ticket, basically.

Really appreciating the feedback and help guys.
Last edited by MrHoncho on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrHoncho

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 am

You need to enable illegal recruiting for it to happen.
Wayne23

Postby MrHoncho » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 am

Wayne23 wrote:You need to enable illegal recruiting for it to happen.

I’ll have to check, but I think I do have illegal recruiting enabled. Are you talking about for the assistant to do it on his own, or for me to be able to see the bribe menu, and inadvertently do it, during a call?
MrHoncho

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Illegal recruiting is enabled as a default, so if you didn't uncheck it, it would be on.
CoachC

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion